Need a rear site - found one

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

francqua

Need a rear site - found one

Post by francqua »

got it covered...thanks for the help
Last edited by francqua on Mon May 11, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dezzick3

Re: Need a rear site

Post by dezzick3 »

The basic Anschutz rear sight (6805) is perfectly fine, I've used it for nearly 2 years with no problem! But if you could stretch your budget a bit I'd go for the 7002 Anschutz rear sight. Not only is it canting but even if your position is not canted the 20 click adjustment is never a bad thing!
patriot

Post by patriot »

Warner rear sight match rotation 1/8 MOA clicks, mounted with an Anschutz to Redfield adaptor, plus a RightSight on a BeeSting Bloop Tube / Tuner. It doesn't get any better.
francqua

Post by francqua »

a Bloop tube might just get in the way of my skiing! : ) hence the 1827B ! for zipping around in the snow with a pile of other nuts while our heart tries to pound out through our chest....huff huff wheez wheez : )

I'm always open to options ! if it make me shoot better! ; )

francqua
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

The 6805 is an excellent rear sight. The 20-clicks and canting feature of the 7002 are also nice, but Anschutz charges accordingly. I used a 6805 for many years, until I started shooting with enough cant that I wanted to adjust it out.

If I'm not mistaken, the Anschutz 6827 is the same as the 6805, but includes a snow cover. Otherwise it should be the exact same sight: same clicks, same threading, same dovetail rail. So you wouldn't even need a second rear sight, and can instead spend the money on important things like hot chocolate and heated seats for your car for your post-biathlon needs!
francqua

Post by francqua »

What is the "correct" sight for a 1984 1827B (rear cassette)? Which model would the factory have normally shipped out?

Thanks,

Francqua
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Probably the 6705, or a snow-cover variant.