adjustment of Olympic shooting glass frames

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

James Storm

adjustment of Olympic shooting glass frames

Post by James Storm »

I have lousy vision and decided to try a set of the Olympic multiple adjustment shooting glasses frames from Champion's choice. They arrived without any instructional literature. I fiddled around and discovered how most of the adjustments worked, but am still left with multiple questions. The nose rest arrived at an angle of about 45 degrees to the temple pieces. This seems wrong. Is it wrong? Is there a set of instructions for these sorts of frames, perhaps with a system for step by step adjustment? Jamesestormmd@yahoo.com
James Storm

Re: adjustment of Olympic shooting glass frames

Post by James Storm »

Many thanks. This looks most interesting. Jim
WRL

Post by WRL »

Here is a link to a UTube describing the Olympic shooting glasses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZamObpLYZyw
Rover

Post by Rover »

You can get fancy, but basically you want the lens square between the eye and the target.
James Storm

Post by James Storm »

My thanks again to all. My
super Olympic glasses from Champions Choice have a flat spot along the length of the bar across the forehead. The set screw of the nosepiece hanger bears against this flat spot. When it is set, the nose piece hanger is at a 45 degree to the temple pieces. This seems wrong; a 90 degree angle seems more natural but the only way of achieving this other than by bending the hanger is to loosen the screws holding the temple pieces to the crossbar and re adjusting. Am I missing something? Again your combined knowledge has been most helpful, and I thank you for your help. Jim/