10m AR: Movement of heartbeat in sight picture?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

HotDiggity

10m AR: Movement of heartbeat in sight picture?

Post by HotDiggity »

I'm rather new to the 10m AR game, but something really strange happened during my practice session yesterday: I could see my heartbeat in my sight picture. In other words, my sights moved up and down with each heart beat. I've never noticed this phenomenon before, even for the short time I raced in Summer biathlons (perhaps because I never reached a level of having a very steady hold to begin with). I had just lowered my put plate a bit. Maybe that contributed.

Is this common?
conradin

Re: 10m AR: Movement of heartbeat in sight picture?

Post by conradin »

Coach Heinz Reinkemeier once wrote to me that because I am a leftie I will have a natural advantage because my heart is directly behind the rifle. I never asked why, but I am not surprised about what you have just posted. I do not know the difference obviously since I do not shoot rightie..
peashooter

Re: 10m AR: Movement of heartbeat in sight picture?

Post by peashooter »

I'm rather new to the 10m AR game, but something really strange happened during my practice session yesterday: I could see my heartbeat in my sight picture. In other words, my sights moved up and down with each heart beat. I've never noticed this phenomenon before, even for the short time I raced in Summer biathlons (perhaps because I never reached a level of having a very steady hold to begin with). I had just lowered my put plate a bit. Maybe that contributed.

Is this common?
I found that shortening the lop a little (less butt pressure) and slightly loosening my jacket reduced the pulse movement for me when i had this issue.