Anschutz adjustment columns

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

doo_hicky

Anschutz adjustment columns

Post by doo_hicky »

Can anybody please measure the diameter of these and let me know the diameter, or even better yet, the clamping element holes? I'm looking at making the clamping element, and would like to know If I have the right drill bit and reamer. This will determine if i'll just buy the clamp or build it.

Thank you

Mike
Andre

Re: Anschutz adjustment columns

Post by Andre »

My 1907 in a 1914 stock (aluminum adjustments on a wood stock) uses butt plate carrier rods of 0.589" or 14,96 mm. I'd use a 15.2 mm drill bit, if it cuts on size you'll get around .010" clearance and if it drills a little oversize you'll get a hair more, which will be plenty fine. A reamer shouldn't be needed.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

There are multiple different generations of Anschutz clamping hardware, both for cheekpiece and buttplate. The one that Andre cites (on his 1914) is the Precise version, which may be different than the 22xx or the version on the current 1907 stocks. Can you post a picture or a link to which one you want to make? That would help better guide us. Also, the hole spacing is different for the Precise as compared to the older generations, I believe, so that's another thing to consider.
doo_hicky

Post by doo_hicky »

I want to be able to have the same hook that looks to be on a 1913 stock. The clamp # is 009279.

Thank you

Mike