Bleiker and Grünig versus Anschütz

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

udiablo

Re: Bleiker and Grünig versus Anschütz

Post by udiablo »

Thedrifter wrote:ehh, Owning an older FWB 2602 I must say the Quality is Outstanding, a close friend, liked my 2602 so much he ordered the 2700, and we agree the Quality of the stock has gone down hill more cast aluminum vs the older machined aluminum parts. his rifle shoots on par with mine though, his factory barrel shoots as well as mine with its 3 grove Benchmark. With scope I have shot some impressive scores I am most pleased with my 598 (A50) and just two weekends ago I shot a 600 with 55 on the NRA bucket target (A23) again with a scope. This is with unmatch ammunition; at the Eley test range in Texas I have yet to see anything impressive with either rifle. but still good quality rifles.

I would like to apologies for being a bit off topic from the original question, my opinion is no G&E and Bleiker are not widely used but many of the shooters I have talked with would very much like one for themselves, this includes me, I would like a Bleiker and am putting money away for that day. During the next week I will be with a shooter who has one and get some of his thought on the Bleiker.

So, any update on your opinion of the Bleiker now?
Thedrifter

Re: Bleiker and Grünig versus Anschütz

Post by Thedrifter »

I am undecided honestly, I asked some questions about it, it does not really perform better then the round action Anschutz rifles. All you really get for about $10k is an action with more moving parts where the loading port is just a bit closer. My recent thought is for that kind of money you could by a square action Anschutz in a precise stock with 5 extra rifle barrels, the additional hardware to shoot 3-P, a Scatt, and still have money left over for ammunition.

The extra barrels are only if you really want to test until you find that magical Lot of ammunition... what that number is depends on what you expect your equipment to shoot. and that is a hole other forum topic.

I am by no means trying to insult the Bleiker Rifle or anyone who shoots one, they are great rifles! Just not for someone starting out on a budget is the impression i received.