Has anyone here resealed a Feinwerkbau PCP Cylinder?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

DFWdude

Has anyone here resealed a Feinwerkbau PCP Cylinder?

Post by DFWdude »

I believe Feinwerkbau has used the same design for it's PCP match gun cylinders since 1997 or so... P70, P70FT, P800 (current) etc.

Hoping that someone here has had occasion to reseal these cylinders. This one is old, but it does hold air, despite a small, inaudible leak.

I have searched high and low looking for any posts on what tools to use, links to other references, etc, without luck. (Yes, I already have the parts list and diagrams from FWB's site).

I have a wrench to remove the gauge cap end. But not the specialized tool for the valve end. Any advice appreciated. Offline in email if needed. TIA.
Attachments
P70-Cyl.jpg
Andre

Re: Has anyone here resealed a Feinwerkbau PCP Cylinder?

Post by Andre »

If you take one apart you will most likely be voiding the hydro testing certification. A cylinder is still safe with a small leak....but I'm no lawyer.

You need a flat wrench for the gauge end, and a pin spanner for the valve end.
DFWdude

Re: Has anyone here resealed a Feinwerkbau PCP Cylinder?

Post by DFWdude »

Andre wrote:If you take one apart you will most likely be voiding the hydro testing certification. A cylinder is still safe with a small leak....but I'm no lawyer.

You need a flat wrench for the gauge end, and a pin spanner for the valve end.
1) There is no Hydro testing required in the US for cylinders less than 2" diameter. I doubt Europe has such a requirement, either.
2) This cylinder is well beyond its 10-year legal-beagle life certified by FWB. I don't intend to attend any ISSF matches so I don't care.
3) This cylinder does not hold air at all. (not a small leak).
4) I have disassembled and resealed dozens of CO2 and PCP cylinders in the past... With the proper tools, it is quite easy to do. This is not rocket science.

I am looking for any hints and tips to be aware of with these particular brand of cylinders.