best quick detachable rings for anschutz receiver...

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

fieldsj66

best quick detachable rings for anschutz receiver...

Post by fieldsj66 »

please post your personal, experience based recommendations please. I can get a forward cantilever that looks ok in a BKL but it's not easily detachable but not too tough either. thinking of going with quick detachables if they are good now.
patriot

Re: best quick detachable rings for anschutz receiver...

Post by patriot »

Instead of detachable rings I use the Champion Shooters scope rail. It provides a larger area for ring placement which is frequently a problem on the Anschutz receiver, it is quick to remove, and it re-installs to the same zero unlike some previous rails.

Mark

http://www.championshooters.com/index.p ... Itemid=111
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

I use the BKL's on my Anschutz rifles when they need to wear scopes. I use the one piece cantilever on my early 1964 1411 as it only has the rear receiver ring grooved. On my 1813 I use the normal two piece double clamp rings. In both cases pop the Allen Key in and give it a quick twist and off they come. Only two screws in each case, I don't think it would be much quicker if they had finger adjustable fasteners on the screw heads. I find the engraved scales on the receiver are perfectly adequate for correctly re-positioning the mounts on the rail to maintain zero.

Alan
Bob Smalser

Post by Bob Smalser »

Ditto the Annie rail. Max flexibility to mount anything (note that's a Unertl atop 3/8" scope blocks) and faster quick detach to interchange with other rifles, as the scope-ring unit remains intact and rigid.

Bob
fieldsj66

Post by fieldsj66 »

thanks guys. that looks like a nice alternative. thanks for the posts and the pic. --James