Which buttplate carrier for Walther KK200?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jfogarty

Which buttplate carrier for Walther KK200?

Post by jfogarty »

So ideally I'd like to get 2 (two) more MEC buttplates and have one for each position. Changing out each could be done quickly by swapping buttplates and carriers, and there's the issue - do any of the Anschutz carriers fit a Walther KK200 / KK300 aluminum stock?

A search here did not turn up any information on the subject... and I can't seem to find any other makes of carriers. My current carrier just has a "W" stamped on it (presumably for "Walther") and is adjustable side-to-side but the columns are not adjustable in the vertical plane. If someone would measure the distance between the two aluminum columns at the carrier on their Anschutz aluminum stock, that might point me in the right direction. The distance between mine is 2-1/8 inches or 54mm +/-

Any help is greatly appreciated.

John
redschietti

Re: Which buttplate carrier for Walther KK200?

Post by redschietti »

Neather of our anshutz butplate carriers fit into a kk300, i just checked. The MEC and tecro butplate cariers will as the rods will slide up and down to get the distance between right
jfogarty

Post by jfogarty »

Thanks for the info, I greatly appreciate it...

So it seems that there are few, if any carriers that are made to fit the Walther rifles, here in the USA. I just got off the phone with Champions Choice, and while the MEC buttplate will attach to my carrier, they do not sell the carriers themselves, and I have to contact Walther directly to get the carrier and buttplate... Walther USA hasn't called back yet. The Tec-Hro plate comes with an integrated carrier, but actually finding someone with one in stock isn't working either, here in the US.

Anyone out there with the MEC buttplate that came with the integrated carrier like the one below? Where did you get it? Cost? This is the one that Walther says fits the rifle.
Attachments
MEC_plate_w_columns.jpg
MEC_plate_w_columns.jpg (13.99 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

It's a bit expensive, but the System Gemini fits I'm sure.
Johan_85

Post by Johan_85 »

There is no carrier in the picture. There are two rods with a threaded hole in the end and you screw it directly in the groove in the buttplate with M5 screws.

The rods is possible to buy but really expensive so I recommend you to make your own if you have knowledge and machinery or go to someone that can make them for you. They will be cheaper.

That is the system that shows in the picture and that is the way it's on KK300 I don't now if it's like that on kk200.