Shooting pants

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

shawn706

Shooting pants

Post by shawn706 »

Where in or close to Georgia, is there a place that sells shooting pants that has a store where I can take my son and he can actually try them on?

Also is there a place anyone can recomend that does repair to shooting jackets and pants?

Most of our highschool equipment is falling apart at the seams.(pun intended)
jjbduke2004

Re: Shooting pants

Post by jjbduke2004 »

shawn706 wrote:Where in or close to Georgia, is there a place that sells shooting pants that has a store where I can take my son and he can actually try them on?

Also is there a place anyone can recomend that does repair to shooting jackets and pants?

Most of our highschool equipment is falling apart at the seams.(pun intended)
Probably your best bet is to wait for these guys or another vendor to come to Benning for a big match: http://www.10pt9.com/EventsCalendar-20.html and contact them in advance so they can bring a few different sizes.

Creedmoor's on the east side of Alabama but doesn't carry shooting pants, only NRA coats and a limited selection of entry-level ISSF coats.

Champions Choice is in Central TN.

Some vendors post size charts (in centimeters) with hip/waist/inseam dimensions

You may want to talk to a vendor about a "sampler" getting a few pants in different sizes to see what works. Neal Stepp at ISS offered to do that for me with boots.
justadude

Post by justadude »

As for repair places:

http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=47787

This thread lists two.

'Dude
justadude

Post by justadude »

As mentioned, Champions Choice (LaVergne TN) (615) 793-4066 has a house brand that is attractively priced at $135.

I buy lots of stuff from Neal Stepp at International Shooter Service (Ft. Worth, TX) (817) 595-2090. Neal services the off the rack clothing from several of the major European manufacturers and will after some phone conversation happily send you a pair or two to try on.

Finally, Larry Sawyer at 10.9 LLC (Coon Rapids MN) (763) 767-0492 will also send you multiples to try on and take the ones that don't fit back. My sense is Larry carries more of the upper end stuff so might be a little more spendy.

Overall, the folks that do sell this stuff are very knowledgeable and know the questions to ask to narrow down the choices so they only have to send one or two, not half a dozen or more.

Good Luck
'Dude
Ltdave

Post by Ltdave »

a little farther away is champion shooter supply...

they sell the freeland line...

pants are about the same in price (maybe $165?) call and talk to Sandy. shes been sizing and outfitting kids for DECADES...

was doing anywhere from 50-70 kids a week at perry back in the hey day of the nationals...

generous return too...

its been most of my kids experience to order (by measurement size) TWO sizes bigger than blue jeans size...
shawn706

Post by shawn706 »

Thanks for the replys. I'll be looking into several of these sugestions.
mdickinson

Post by mdickinson »

Joe hein is in Columbus, ga. He might have some stuff for you to try on and then he can measure you for a custom suit or at least tell you what size shelf suit to buy. He runs his own company as well. Eliteshootingsport.com
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

Sandy Joss at Champion Shooters Supply is in my opinion the best option for shooting coats and pants for kids. The reason is they have a large selection of used stuff. And, as kids have an irritating habit of outgrowing clothes they will take them back at the price you paid if you buy the next set from them.

They are located in Utica Ohio. Not exactly next door to Ga but straight up I-75.