UH OH!!!

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Gru

UH OH!!!

Post by Gru »

Hello all,

On a whim I decided that I'm going to compete in my first Air rifle match in over a year. I've been primarily shooting 50m prone instead. I've encountered a bit of a problem though. I no longer fit my pants!!! It seems I've added a few inches around my belly in the last year. I can get them to clasp after much straining and shifting but it is incredibly uncomfortable in position. Any ideas or tricks I can try with less than a week to go? I'm already on an emergency diet but I know that it will not be enough.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
justadude

Re: UH OH!!!

Post by justadude »

Don't worry about the clasp, leave that unclasped. Just use a belt and tighten that to where you are comfortable.

'Dude
Rover

Post by Rover »

Are you a belt AND suspenders kind of guy?
justadude

Post by justadude »

The problem with "belt and suspenders" idea is that the trousers rule 7.5.5.1 says it is going to be "belt OR suspenders". But a good idea!

'Dude
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

And of course another solution is to forget Air , shoot prone, crack open a cold adult beverage at the end of the day and forget the shooting pants.
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

There must be a dirty secret behind this shooting pants. Mine do this shrinking also, especially over the winter season. There must be a big conspiracy behind that. There can't be another serious reason.

Regards

Frank
jjbduke2004

Post by jjbduke2004 »

FrankD wrote:There must be a dirty secret behind this shooting pants. Mine do this shrinking also, especially over the winter season. There must be a big conspiracy behind that. There can't be another serious reason.

Regards

Frank
In NRA High Power, the jackets are known to shrink over the winter as well. The plot thickens. The conspiracy must be bigger than thought.
Gru

Post by Gru »

Thanks for the help guys! I ended up using a belt and shot about as expected for taking a year off. It wasn't world class shooting by any means but it definitely made for a fun weekend to see that I could still shoot a somewhat respectable score after so much time away.

I'm still trying to figure out how those canvas pants shrunk so much hanging in a closet. Just another one of life's unanswered mysteries I guess...