FWB 700 alu junior

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

massrog

FWB 700 alu junior

Post by massrog »

]I was wondering if anyone here has ever seen or shot one of these?
http://www.marplerifleandpistolclub.org ... 00alu1.htm
massrog

Re: FWB 700 alu junior

Post by massrog »

From what I can find out (and it's not much) it came out in 2004 and it looks like it is a standard junior barreled action in a specially designed full adjustment stock. I've been looking for a junior sized AR with all the adjustability of the full sized guns. My big question is whether the junior configuration mechanically is competitive. My daughter is only 5'1" and won't "grow into" a full one. What do you think?
Martin H

Post by Martin H »

We have several of these in our national Junior Development squad. They shoot very well.
Martin H
massrog

Post by massrog »

THANK YOU Martin! You have assuaged my (and more importantly my wife's) fears! Hopefully it'll take her at least through high school.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

I have the predesessor, the P70-jr. I am 5'4", so am close to your daughter's height.
My comments.
- Yes a junior stock is worth it. My P70jr fits me better than a full size rifle.
- You may want to get a front barrel/muzzle weight, like that on the P70 in your pix. I have a tube weight on my P70jr, and it makes a significant difference in dampening the wobble. Don't go whole hog with a heavy weight, but instead a multi-part weight, so you can add weight in increments. I would love to get a matching FWB barrel weight (for looks), but I missed my chance.