LGM-2. Breech level does not automatically open.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Pheyden

LGM-2. Breech level does not automatically open.

Post by Pheyden »

I recently bought an LGM-2 Junior for my wife. The gun shoots flawlessly, but I noticed that the breech level did to automatically open when the pressurization level was operated. Of course the result of this is that no/little pressure was built up on the return stroke. I determined that if the pressure lever was actuated, and then the breech lever opened manually, then on the retuen stroke would build pressure. Close the breech and it would fire successfully.

Here is what I found when I removed the stock. With the help of a parts breakdown it appears that lever #77 was missing, so that there was no effective connection between the charging lever mechanism and the breech lever.

Am I missing something or should this linkage be there on the Junior, jist like the standard version? Note: If it is supposed to be there does anyone have a photo of how/where the other end attaches?

Pheyden1448@yahoo.com
Pheyden

Re: LGM-2. Breech level does not automatically open.

Post by Pheyden »

Surely there must be someone out there with a bright idea!
kevinweiho

Re: LGM-2. Breech level does not automatically open.

Post by kevinweiho »

Pheyden wrote:Am I missing something or should this linkage be there on the Junior, just like the standard version? Note: If it is supposed to be there does anyone have a photo of how/where the other end attaches?
Pheyden, I don't have a LGM-2, but I have tinkered and rebuilt my match airguns. Doing a quick search on the internet, part #77 is also included in the Junior model. The lever is probably connected to the piston or the cocking leverage mechanism, I have a feeling that when you have the part in hand, you will know where the other end attaches to.