Kowa TSN-1

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TomJ

Kowa TSN-1

Post by TomJ »

A friend who no longer shoots highpower has the following equipment for sale: Kowa TSN-1 scope with eye piece (power not known at this time), Champion's Choice stand with scope mount, scope cover, and ground spikes. He is asking $500. Does anyone have any experience with this model Kowa scope and what do think of the asking price? Thanks, Tom
pdeal

Re: Kowa TSN-1

Post by pdeal »

I have one of those and so does my son. I think it is one of the best scopes Kowa made. Mine has the 27x(I think) long eye relief eyepiece. If it had any other eyepiece I would not want it. $500 if in real good cond seems reasonable.
Hap Rocketto

Post by Hap Rocketto »

I got my TSN-1, in 20X, soon after they first came out in 1984 and think it may be Kowa's best product. The optics are first class.

I had it reconditioned once, about three years ago, when it fell over and damaged the sun shade. I could have gotten by without any repair but it seemed like a good time to have it looked at. The company has great customer service.

The package, presuming that the scope is in decent shape, seems like a steal at $500.
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

Kowa spotting scopes are some of the best on the market. I cannot personally speak for the quality of the TSN-1, but I trust Hap's opinion, as well as many other high level shooters. I use a Kowa TSN-82SV with a 27X LER eyepiece, and I love it. I sometimes lend it out to a friend for an afternoon, and they nearly always want to buy one after the day is done. While I was shooting highpower, I was able to see .223 bullet holes at 300 yards the vast majority of the time.
Matt
TomJ

Post by TomJ »

Thanks to everyone for your comments. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Tom