9003 Precise Left to Right conversion

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Dustin Clays

9003 Precise Left to Right conversion

Post by Dustin Clays »

I have a lead on a good used Anschutz 9003 Precise for my junior daughter. The current (ORIGINAL) owner is left handed. But my daughter is right-handed. The owner said they still have all the parts to make it right handed.

My question is:
Is a 9003 "really" an ambidextrous rifle? It was purchase new as a left-handed rifle, but can it be 'fully' converted to right handed (cheek piece, etc...)?

If not, what isn't interchangeable? And is it better for me to buy a right handed rifle?

The reason that this is attractable to me is because I have a younger daughter that shoots left-eye so eventually I am hoping that I can someday convert it back to left-handed for her.

Thanks!
Abi

Re: 9003 Precise Left to Right conversion

Post by Abi »

Not sure about the air rifle precise stock, but the Smallbore precise stock has a wedge-shape towards the back, it curves.

The cheekpiece has one-sided hardware which protrudes somewhat,not sure if the knob would touch your chest or not. If it has the same fine adjustments on the cheekpiece as Smallbore, those might contact your face.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

The stock beyond the pistol grip is canted for head position from one side. As stated the adjustments are also keyed to one side. So I would really say it is not ambidextrous even with grips etc. The standard 9003/8002 stock (non-Precise) may be suited for either, but the Precise is specific.
Dustin Clays

Post by Dustin Clays »

Well, I bought it! :)

Turns out....it was originally a right handed gun, converted to left (cheek piece, grip and sights). The owner had all the original components to go back to right handed- so I had nothing to lose! I have a great right handed for my daughter to shoot- and if she doesn't stick with it, I can pass it onto my lefty daughter! Or resell later.

Looks like I have a busy winter break with my daughters- learning and tweaking the 9003! :)

Thanks for all the info!