FWB 700 problem

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jgrinolds

FWB 700 problem

Post by jgrinolds »

Hello all,

One of my athletes is shooting a FWB 700 Alu. and we have come across a problem that I am not sure how to fix as I am more familiar with Anschutz rifles. The problem is: if the rifle is cocked and the action closed in dryfire mode and then switched to live fire, while action is closed the rifle fires. I checked a 700 of another team member and it does not have this problem. The rifle in question has been professionally serviced in the past 6 months. The trigger weight is does not appear to be the problem as it is considerable heavier then the weights of other rifles used by team members and myself. Also the trigger pull length is longer then many, so I doubt it is a problem of having an over sensitive trigger adjustment. Have any of you come across this issue before and know how to correct it? Thank you for any help you can offer.
remmy223

Re: FWB 700 problem

Post by remmy223 »

The dry fire switch on some earlier fwb700s is prone to wear. It will give this problem. The switch will need replacing. Btw it won't always get picked up at service as the fault propagates very quickly meaning, one day it will be fine then the next it will have worn just enough to fault
jgrinolds

Re: FWB 700 problem

Post by jgrinolds »

Thank you for your help. I will see if we can get it fixed soon. Thank you again.