Rifle Boots

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bbryer33

Rifle Boots

Post by Bbryer33 »

I was interested in purchasing the Anschutz Stenvaag Strong Boots and was wondering what size I should get. I have heard so many different opinions on whether to get a size bigger, smaller, or your actual size. I have a size 12 and believe I am done growing for the most part. So what is the truth behind the size question? Some say it's better to have a size smaller so its snug, some say size bigger so there's more room. Thank you for your responses
jhmartin

Re: Rifle Boots

Post by jhmartin »

I'd nix the size smaller ... unless you shoot only smallbore prone and never put them on :-)
Trying to shoot a 60 shot standing match in air, that could darn near kill ya.
Most reputable vendors in the US will send you a pair & you can try them on and if not right send them back for a different pair/size.
It's best to call & chat with them and discuss it ... they have much more experience sizing over the internet/phone than any of us do.

The best bet is if you are shooting a large match like Winter Airgun, they have a limited stock at the match you can try on (do it earlier than later as their stocks are pretty low at the end of the match).
bpscCheney

Re: Rifle Boots

Post by bpscCheney »

I've found that European sizes are relatively accurate to what they say they are. Then again I usually just get the biggest size they carry ;)