Duplex frustration

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

jarkodobes

Duplex frustration

Post by jarkodobes »

I got Duplex yesterday...bit frustrating...where do I start?
First I got two tiny screws with ever more tiny Allen key which I am suppose to stick somewhere to stabile the unit...I just managed to move it sideways enough to get it around the front tunnel.
Now I need collimator to get enough adjustment on both sides.
The duplex insert is a bit too small and interfere with the bubble I got on 22mm front tunnel .
Also While trying to secure the unit in the place I thought it should be screwed in , I pushed a small screw through and now is lost...
Does anyone know where to put the screws in to secure Duplex?
Should I try to get 4.2 or 4.5 insert at the front of the duplex since 4.0 mm is a bit small?
Is collimator hard to install...I hope no more 1 mm screws otherwise I'm screwed....
Why is it so hard to include a one page manual to tell you what to do exactly? I think For 160 Euros it should be included.....
Cheers
J
Jarko
Peter_Scant

Re: Duplex frustration

Post by Peter_Scant »

I had the same question about the screws. What I eventually worked out was that they are used to lock the x-y adjustment. If you look carefully you can see two holes with threads.

I haven't bothered to install them.

I brought the front inserts in .2 increments to work out which worked best, the insert wasn't that expensive. Interestingly I'm using the smallest insert and would like a smaller one.
Cumbrian

Post by Cumbrian »

I had the same problem with the insert using a 22mm foresight with level on top. I tried a 4.2 but in the end I had to buy the maximum size that Centra offer, which is a 5.6 - or is it 5.8? Anyway, that clears the foresight and leaves the bubble visible, I also found the screws very fiddly and annoying. Finally, the total lack of instructions with these expensive and intricate little things is a disgrace.
HWN1011

Post by HWN1011 »

My Duplex stays in the shooting bag. The principle I quite like. The design and manufacture terrible.
The little pin size locking screws are a joke in fact my duplex didn't even come with any just a hole that hadn't even been threaded which I ended up doing myself.
Even with the locking screws done up I have found the duplex still has loads of movement in it. When used for 100yards shooting the movement increases so much it not usable.

Yet another item sold to us shooters without any real development or testing.
MarkTrew

Post by MarkTrew »

We'll--I agree there should be some instructions!

Having said that, I did not find the initial use as complex as it has bee made out. Come on guys, if you are having trouble with something this small, with this few parts, how do you manage a relationship with your significant other?

Mark Trew
MarkTrew

Post by MarkTrew »

We'll--I agree there should be some instructions!

Having said that, I did not find the initial use as complex as it has bee made out. Come on guys, if you are having trouble with something this small, with this few parts, how do you manage a relationship with your significant other?

Mark Trew