What exactly did I buy?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

emietenkorte

What exactly did I buy?

Post by emietenkorte »

I recently purchased an Anschutz 2007/2013 and I would like to know more about it. I absolutely love this rifle, It shoots like a dream and I can adjust everything to fit me wonderfully but I have not seen any like it. I would like to know how many were made in this configuration and why I have not seen any others like it. Is there a particular name/model for the stock with two forearm levels? Is there anything special about the color scheme of this rifle? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

martinscott85

Re: What exactly did I buy?

Post by martinscott85 »

That looks great i love the color of it, that's perfect.
A man without a butterfly knives is a man without a life!
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

It's a 2013. Back in the '90s Anschutz offered the stock in several versions, wood and colour laminate (both your blue/purple and blue/green), and with full depth and shallow fore-ends. I can't recall if there was a special model number for each version; from memory the laminate stockers were simply called 2013 Colour "Bundt" in German. I've not seen the walnut w. shallow fore-end, but have seen the others. I've no idea about numbers, but if you email Anschutz they may be able to tell you.
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

I believe that stock was designed by someone who used too many recreational pharmaceuticals back in the 60's.
Rover

Post by Rover »

It was designed to distract and disturb the other competitors.
jjpi222

Post by jjpi222 »

Back in the 90s I believe. Anschutz produced two variations on the 2013 super-match. One is the normal stock that we see in the wood style free rifle. and the other is like what you have here. it was designed so that in the kneeling and prone position the shooter could have a position where the barrel is closer to the support hand. Same reason why our aluminum rifle have thinner for ends. Finally it has the raised end is to help in offhand and for bedding strength. It is a genius idea and I really have been considering modifying my 1912 to look like what you have.

Finally... the color is just bad ass. Anschutz should go back to making color stocks instead of plain ole jane colors.

there really is no name for this version.
NetNinja

Post by NetNinja »

OMG! That thing is hideous!

I believe you should sell it to me. ;)
emietenkorte

Post by emietenkorte »

Thank you for the information! I never thought I would have a rifle like this and I am glad to know more about it.