FWB 700 alu - absorbing device

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

ckd321

FWB 700 alu - absorbing device

Post by ckd321 »

HI,

New to 10 meter target shooting, as with most I am checking all my rifle out, I am trying to set the absorbing device to the setting in the manual, ( 12mm before resistance then 5 mm till next resistance, so far that is behind the area indicated on the manual - no matter what way I turn the screw no further tension is noticed - I also wonder what effect this has had on the re coil part? ( I admit I might be imagining there is now a slight recoil since I started playing with it )

any help outwith the manual would be appreciated.

Craig
redschietti

Re: FWB 700 alu - absorbing device

Post by redschietti »

You must fire a real pellet to do the adjustments. Expelling air or drifire wont work
ckd321

Post by ckd321 »

Hi , I fired pellets at club last night , each time I would adjust a 1/4-1/2 turn in both directions till maximum movement in either direction clockwise anti clockwise was reached , at certain points I felt slightly less recoil which was difficult to pinpoint but at no point did I manage to set the resistance to 12 mm after the barrel as perthe manual describes on page 21 on the following link

http://www.feinwerkbau.de/ceasy/modules ... download=1

Thanks again
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

I've played around with the recoil device too. The 12mm where a slight resistance is felt, is quite subtle. Fire a shot then gently open the port - there should be a point where it stops slightly. At this point you measure it. Repeat a number of times to get an average.

I'm not at all convinced by the design. I think its just a spring loaded teflon button that pushes with more or less force against the wall. I may be wrong. I have read a warning somewhere though not to try to disassemble it...
ckd321

Post by ckd321 »

I'm not at all convinced by the design. I think its just a spring loaded teflon button that pushes with more or less force against the wall. I may be wrong. I have read a warning somewhere though not to try to disassemble it...
Your absolutely right peashooter , the absorber has a block through which there is a spring a button and a worm screw , clockwise pushes button against the wall , anti releases it either offering more or less resistance , I guess to compensate for recoil , I cant see where this effects resistance through cocking weapon , looking at the firing mechanism I suspect the resistance is Controled by a screw to drive forward a firing pin like device , this appears to do two things , create a point of resistance and also set the point at which the compressed air is released . Anyone else had experience

Craig