USJOC QUESTION

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

RED RAIDER

USJOC QUESTION

Post by RED RAIDER »

I can't find in the rules any info for 50' smallbore 3P. All the rules are for 50M.

My question is: Are handstops allowed in 50' smallbore in standing position? I know they are not allowed for standing position in air rifle.
jhmartin

Re: USJOC QUESTION

Post by jhmartin »

Same rules apply for 50 ft and 50m ... only the targets are different.
In the JO Qualifiers all smallbore shooters (men & women) shoot a 3x20-KPS match. At the National JOs the men shoot a 3x40-KPS match and a 60 shot prone match.

You may leave the handstop on the rifle as a dead weight as long as it stays within the dimensional rule 7.4.5 (Para 4)

May a shooters hand touch that handstop in standing? I don't see in the rules where ir says it can not, but I've NEVER encountered anyone doing that before.
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

First there are about 20 different Junior Olympics in American shooting. I don't understand it. Don't confuse the sporter air rules with the USA Shooting or NRA rules.

Second I can't believe a coach would suggest a shooter use a hand stop in standing for any thing other than a weight. If it helped, the top shooters would be doing it. Also the current thinking is that weights in standing should be behind the trigger in or on the mass of the stock to balance the weight of the rifle over the feet.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

I think Red Raider is referring to the USA Shooting Rules for the Rifle JO Qualifiers.

A good link for the rules & timelines is here:
http://www.usashooting.org/7-events/njosc