Anschutz accessory on non-Anschutz accessory rail (walther)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

kaban56

Anschutz accessory on non-Anschutz accessory rail (walther)

Post by kaban56 »

Hi,

Is there a walther-to-anschutz accessory adapter out there? I understand that there are other options to attach anschutz accessories to non-anschutz accessory rails (walther), but is there a quick fix like an adapter?

Thank you,
Tim S

Re: Anschutz accessory on non-Anschutz accessory rail (walth

Post by Tim S »

What's the rifle? As far as I'm aware recent Walther rifles have the same accessory rail as Anschutz; Anschutz handstops should fit just fine. Older Walther rifles, those from the '80s and before, did have a different rail; I think it was a proper dovetail, rather than the T-slot that Anschutz use. Even so I seem to recall that Anschutz parts would fit, but not vice versa.
clamdigger

Post by clamdigger »

I think the rail on a Walther is a little thicker than an Anschutz. I bought an Anschutz bipod for my Walther KK300 and I had to file the groove on the bipod to make it wider so it would slide onto the rail.
kaban56

Post by kaban56 »

clamdigger wrote:I think the rail on a Walther is a little thicker than an Anschutz. I bought an Anschutz bipod for my Walther KK300 and I had to file the groove on the bipod to make it wider so it would slide onto the rail.
Yes, this is kind of what I am dealing with. The rifle is actually LG400. As I said, I was able to work around the issue but curious if there were other options out there.