The last 1 second.....

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

higginsdj

Re: The last 1 second.....

Post by higginsdj »

OK, so now I am relaxing more and can now see a definitive heart beat trace (effectively a figure of 8 down on the vertical and up on the 7-8 o'clock to 1-2 o'clock. Sometimes I see it come down on the vertical, do a loop/circle out to the left (bottom half of the figure 8 then proceed to complete the figure 8 as previously described). My L, however, has not reduced in size but it somewhat tighter horizontally.

So, if I am training myself for the heartbeat release and release at the same point in the beat each time (I assume at the bottom of the beat) does he size of L really matter or am what I seeing in the figure of 8 something different?

Cheers

David
HWN1011

Post by HWN1011 »

Hi David

Just my thoughts on this.
I think you have work to do before you start trying to shoot between heart beats. Shooting between heart beats is mainly only used by fairly advanced shooters and as you have said you have not been shooting long.
If it was me I would be working on reducing the Length (L) and really working hard on relaxation. The more you shoot the more you will understand your muscles and any tension.
Play around with sling position as previously posted see if you can reduce the impact of pulse on your hold.

Sling position
Relaxation
NPA
Shot release

All critical and need to be improved a lot before thinking about shooting between heart beats IMO.
Cumbrian

Post by Cumbrian »

HWN1011 wrote:Hi David

Just my thoughts on this.
I think you have work to do before you start trying to shoot between heart beats. Shooting between heart beats is mainly only used by fairly advanced shooters and as you have said you have not been shooting long.
If it was me I would be working on reducing the Length (L) and really working hard on relaxation. The more you shoot the more you will understand your muscles and any tension.
Play around with sling position as previously posted see if you can reduce the impact of pulse on your hold.

Sling position
Relaxation
NPA
Shot release

All critical and need to be improved a lot before thinking about shooting between heart beats IMO.
As a thoroughly mediocre, mere 25 yard prone, humble club shooter, I'm quite relieved to hear this - see my earlier post on my inability to detect my heart beats.