Need Help With AA/CZ200T

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Scrench

Need Help With AA/CZ200T

Post by Scrench »

Hi Everyone,

My AA/CZ200T adjusted to 622 fps average only gets 40 good shots with a spread of 19fps with a 170 BAR fill which is recommended by the factory for this gun, not 190 BAR like on the S200 version with the non-removable tank. This is aggravating because I expected more shots for such a low speed and I shoot 40 shot silhouette matches. I don’t want to use the “S” tank because it has no gauge and would change the center of gravity with its extra length and brass fill adaptor on the end, nor do I want to lower the fps any more, in fact I’d like more. Does anyone fill theirs over 170 BAR? Has anyone installed a regulator and did it help? I realize I’m probably just banging my head against the wall since the air cylinder is only a tiny 122cc., but if anyone knows how to get more shots, please let me know how.

Thank You,

Scrench
timinder

Re: Need Help With AA/CZ200T

Post by timinder »

You could fit a regulator, but that would fit between tank and trigger mech, so it would change your CoG, and you wouldn't necessarily get any more shots out of it.
I used to have a standard S200 and the longer tank (with no gauge) is removable. I'd try one of those first.
Scrench

Re: Need Help With AA/CZ200T

Post by Scrench »

Thanks for the reply timinder.

I've since found out that the longer Hunter version air tank is available from TGAG with gauge and front probe fill making unscrewing it unnecessary. An Altaros regulator (internal in the tank) can be installed for extra $. The longer tank should give about 30% more shots. There is also a longer tank available from the UK that has the Tweaky/Tench external regulator that doesn't take up any valuable room in these tiny air tanks and would give the maximum number of shots. One other internal regulator by Robert Lane is available as a DIY, very similar to the Altaros. Apparently everyone using this gun for benchrest comp has one of these mentioned regs installed.

I'm going for the longer tank from TGAG, just trying to decide whether I want the reg or not.