FWB 2700 Super Match front sight

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

higginsdj

FWB 2700 Super Match front sight

Post by higginsdj »

Hi,

What are the specs on the FWB 2700 front sight - ie is it an 18mm or 22mm tunnel and what is the size of the ring that comes default? (I want to install a variable aperture ring as the default ring size is too large for me)

Cheers

David
Tim S

Re: FWB 2700 Super Match front sight

Post by Tim S »

22mm has been the standard for FWB since the late '90s I think. So unless you have changed the tunnel, order this size iris. No idea what size element FWB fit (*I'd guess somehwere between 3.6mm and 4.2mm), but if you remove the element from the tunnel, the diameter of the aperture should be marked on the edge of a Perspex element, or on one of the lugs of a metal element.
FrankD

Post by FrankD »

Hi David,

as Tim says the front sight holder diameter is 22 mm and the factory build in element size is 3.8 mm and it is an crystal clear transparent insert.

On the FWB site you can find some exploded drawings of most of theirs products including spare parts lists.

http://www.feinwerkbau.de/en/Service+Do ... d-drawings

Regards from Germany

Frank
rotor

Post by rotor »

I am a FWB Mod.700 user and FWB uses exactly the same tunnel with 2700 which has the 22 mm size. I don't know the factory build fore sight diameter, FWB send me the air rifle with a 4.0 mm. sight which is a full transparent glass type. In smallbore events 4.0 mm. is a huge diameter, and what my German friend says totally makes sense:)