Small bore rifle value

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

trevvvo

Small bore rifle value

Post by trevvvo »

I have an Anschutz 1913 with a 1918 aluminum precise stock. I bought the rifle back in 2012 when I was a junior at Hargrave Military Academy. The rifle has been cleaned after every practice, only about 1000 rounds were shot through the rifle within the two seasons. Since May 2013 the rifle has been sitting in its case. The rifle comes with the sights. The rifle is fully adjustable from the stock length to even the cheek mount. I bought the rifle for around $3,500 new and added universal aperture sights along with risers. Which all together was around 600 dollars.
Tim S

Re: Small bore rifle value

Post by Tim S »

Since you know how much you paid for it, and how much use it has had, a valuation shouldn't be that tricky. You won't get the original purchase price back, because it isn't new (so the purchaser won't get the same guarantee from the dealer that you bought it from). Perhaps 90-95% of the original purchase price would be appropriate.

By the way it is considered impolite to solicit valuations from possible buyers for a rifle that one is trying to sell. There is a separate forum for sales.