How to buy a Bleiker in the US

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

dahigg

How to buy a Bleiker in the US

Post by dahigg »

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a Bleiker and I'm not sure how to do it. Does anybody know how to buy one in the US? Are there any dealers in the US?

Thanks!
justadude

Re: How to buy a Bleiker in the US

Post by justadude »

Two thoughts here:

First: email them and ask about US importers. hbleiker@bleiker.ch

Second: Give Neal Stepp at I.S.S. a call (817) 595-2090

Oh yeah, get your wallet ready. : o

'Dude
JasonM

Post by JasonM »

Last time I talked to Neal he mentioned having them or being able to get them. I'd probably start with him.
Bob3700

Post by Bob3700 »

If you feel that the Bleiker is expensive, don't think about getting into competitive trap shooting. The price tag on the imported trap guns will make the Bleiker look like you should have purchased two!

Bob
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

David,

I called Neal and asked that very question last January on the way north for a match. Assuming that you want a complete rifle (not just the barreled action), you're looking at around $9000, depending on what exchange rates are doing, and how much his customs broker is charging on any given Sunday. You're also looking at about a six to ten month lead time, as each one is made as orders come in. Both those numbers are as of about nine months ago, so don't be surprised if the wait is longer, now that everyone wants one. He will also try to talk you out of it; he was successful with me, as I am not yet in either of the two groups for which a Bleiker is a solid investment (those two groups being National Team members, and people with more money than they know what to do with.)

Good luck, and good luck with the rest of the season!

~MTN
COBelties

Post by COBelties »

David,

Neal has some on order and he's about 6 months out. Lots of pieces to consider so PM me and I might be able to help you navigate a few of the questions he'll ask.

Gregory
gwsb

Post by gwsb »

I would be reluctant to buy one because no one on this side of the ocean has one or works on them. I guess that argues for buying 2 like Bob suggested so you would have a spare.
WRL

Post by WRL »

If you want to purchase a Bleiker, that is certainly your choice. I think Long Rifles could build a very good custom target rifle to you specifications for a lot less than $9000 that will perform just as good as a Bleiker.

http://www.longriflesinc.com/imagegallery.html
yamaskyta

Post by yamaskyta »

mtncwru wrote:David,

I called Neal and asked that very question last January on the way north for a match. Assuming that you want a complete rifle (not just the barreled action), you're looking at around $9000, depending on what exchange rates are doing, and how much his customs broker is charging on any given Sunday. You're also looking at about a six to ten month lead time, as each one is made as orders come in. Both those numbers are as of about nine months ago, so don't be surprised if the wait is longer, now that everyone wants one. He will also try to talk you out of it; he was successful with me, as I am not yet in either of the two groups for which a Bleiker is a solid investment (those two groups being National Team members, and people with more money than they know what to do with.)

Good luck, and good luck with the rest of the season!

~MTN

$9000 aprox. for a Bleiker? is that including import duties?
Anyway in my opinion too much
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Out of interest what would it cost to have a rifle built from a US-made BR action, top quality barrel, two-stage trigger, extension tube, and fitted into a fully adjustable free-rifle stock - your choice of wood/metal or alu (not a wood prone stock)?
COBelties

Post by COBelties »

WRL wrote:If you want to purchase a Bleiker, that is certainly your choice. I think Long Rifles could build a very good custom target rifle to you specifications for a lot less than $9000 that will perform just as good as a Bleiker.
Matter of perspective on what the expected performance outcome is I suppose? Keeping this framed in the original post - an Olympic Grade precision smallbore rifle for a National Team member caliber trying to shoot 625+ in prone/1170+ in 3P, Tim is quite right of what would an equivalent US custom built rifle cost and the time and experience to piece it together? Just thinking in general of the (3) butt plates, sights and tuner your staring down $2500 - $3000 before you even get to the cost of the rifle.

If you think about Olympic Grade shotguns, the Bleiker cost is a deal compared to a Perazzi.
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

yamaskyta wrote:$9000 aprox. for a Bleiker? is that including import duties?
Anyway in my opinion too much
Yes, that was the cost to get it to my door, including shipping, import duty, and brokers fees.
MRO

Post by MRO »

gwsb wrote:I would be reluctant to buy one because no one on this side of the ocean has one or works on them. I guess that argues for buying 2 like Bob suggested so you would have a spare.
I know a few people in the US that have them. I don't know who works on them. There are several advantages to the rifle.
I know at least 3 people who have one. They are nice looking and well balanced.
artandscience

Post by artandscience »

You might consider one of our System Gemini prone rifles. We have them for prone and full bore and shooters have one Olympic medals with them (2012 Games).

Quite a bit less than the Bleiker stock and will fit Bleiker and Anschutz actions.

I use one in Fullbore and distribute them here in the US.

cheers,
Stefan
NRA High Master, mid-range
NRA High Master, long-range
Smallbore prone shooter
mtncwru

Post by mtncwru »

I don't think he's looking for the stock, I think he's looking for the barreled action, at the least. Possibly also the stock.

Who medaled in 2012?
dahigg

Post by dahigg »

I'm looking to buy the entire gun, barreled action and stock. I think I'm going to order it through Pardini USA.