FWB 603 Does not dump air when shot

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

hesalc

FWB 603 Does not dump air when shot

Post by hesalc »

Hello. I´m New here

I´m a 10 meters garage shooter, mostly with my fwb300. But I just bought a used 603 that doesn´t dump complete air when i shot it, I need to recock the trigger to dump on the second shot. If I shot it in the dry fire mode the hammer travels all the way, but when shot it presurized the hammer does not travel all the way. It´s like if the pressure inside the valve where too high to open the valve to dump all the air.
I just resealed the gun with FWB genuine parts and turn in the hammer spring screw, but not fix the problem.

I know there are some great guys that repair FWB, But Im in Mexico and it is difficult to send it out a gun to USA or Europe. I have owned several airguns over the years, springers, PCP, Co2. And I think I have enough skills to work on it. Just my first SSP an need some inputs on where lo look or adjust.

Thank You in advance
Heriberto
Rover

Re: FWB 603 Does not dump air when shot

Post by Rover »

I'm really not that familiar with your gun, but I had a Pardini air pistol with the same problem. I increased the tension on the striker spring and everything was OK.
hesalc

Post by hesalc »

thank you. I´ll try that.

Saludos
Heriberto
JSBmatch

Post by JSBmatch »

Sounds like it needs new striker valve seals, it is quite common for these to wear out after many years with the 600 series, and not completely dumping all the air is a sure sign of this. Mine did the same thing. There are washers and shims that must be put the right way round with the nylon seals so be careful.
45ACP223

Post by 45ACP223 »

Agree, it's most likely the valve seal that releases the air from the compressed chamber. Mine did the same thing, shoot and there was still some air left over (lower velocity on the first shot vs. normally). Did you replace that seal when you re-sealed the 603? If you did, perhaps it's in backwards or you forgot the little spacer that goes in front of it. If you didn't replace that seal, call Pyramid and ask to talk to their gunsmith (he has the seals in stock, $3-5 if I remember correctly), or you can call our host Pilkgun and see if they will sell you the seal.