Vermont Winter Postal League 2015 Season

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Peakconti

Vermont Winter Postal League 2015 Season

Post by Peakconti »

Vermont Winter Postal League

For those interested in competing in a smallbore league either as an individual or team, you may want to consider the Vermont Winter Postal League, (most teams are not from Vermont) this league has been in existence since 1975. Unlike a lot of winter leagues this one is actually growing; last season they had 15 teams competing in the league from six states with over 115 competitors. They are hoping to see a few more teams added this season. Last year’s champion was Albion Sportsman’s Association P.A. followed by Whitehall N.Y., third place went to the Plattsburgh N.Y. Rough Riders.

The league has three division for individual scores, 4-Position (A-17 targets), Prone (USA-50) and a standing division (A-17 or on the traditional air rifle targets with an air rifle). All scores can be used as part of your team score.

The league will kick off the 2015 season in mid-January, with the first week scores due in by January 26th then running for 10 weeks (with one bye week), and will end with match 10 taking place over the weekend of April 11&12th.

You may contact the league Director Peter Visconti at VTWinterPostalLeague@yahoo.com with specific questions on how to register and for more detailed rules. The league is fired under NRA rules, with iron or scope, and handicapped shooters are welcome. For the first time, you will be able to register your team and input your team and individual scores directly at http://VTWinter.postalleague.com , The cost to participate is just $6 per shooter with most of that going back out in the form of awards.

The goal of the league is to have fun, make it easy for people to be able to participate, and at the same time give people a venue to compete. They hope that participation in the league will assist you in growing your own club and program. It’s up to all of us to see our sport continue to grow so others may find the same enjoyment we have had in this sport. You can find the league on Facebook, at Vermont Winter Postal League.

Attached you will find the League Welcome letter and Rules.

Past League Champions
1975 Covered Bridge 1991 Burlington 2002 Whitehall 2013 Whitehall
1976 Burlington 1992 Burlington 2003 Whitehall 2014 Albion
1977 Covered Bridge 1993 Burlington 2004 Whitehall
1978 Whitehall 1994 Burlington 2005 Whitehall
1979 Whitehall 1995 Fort Ann 2006 Whitehall
1985 Whitehall 1996 Burlington 2007 Whitehall
1986 Whitehall 1997 Burlington 2008 Whitehall
Attachments
vt welcome letter.doc
(71 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
VTPostalLeague2015Rules.doc
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Peakconti

Re: Vermont Winter Postal League 2015 Season

Post by Peakconti »

sorry the above message cut off all the past winners so here they are;

Past League Champions
1975 Covered Bridge 1991 Burlington 2002 Whitehall 2013 Whitehall
1976 Burlington 1992 Burlington 2003 Whitehall 2014 Albion
1977 Covered Bridge 1993 Burlington 2004 Whitehall
1978 Whitehall 1994 Burlington 2005 Whitehall
1979 Whitehall 1995 Fort Ann 2006 Whitehall
1985 Whitehall 1996 Burlington 2007 Whitehall
1986 Whitehall 1997 Burlington 2008 Whitehall
1987 Burlington 1998 Burlington 2009 Whitehall
1988 Burlington 1999 Fort Ann 2010 Whitehall
1989 Burlington 2000 Whitehall 2011 Whitehall
1990 Burlington 2001 Whitehall 2012 Whitehall
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

Its now time to start to register for the vt winter postal league. Go to vtwinter.postalleague.com and begin the process. You can register as a team or individual. The process is done on line this year to make it faster, if you need any assistance send me an e-mail to VTWinterPostalleague@yahoo.com and I can send you a PFD file with step by step instructions on how to register. Team captain's can create team and register all their members. Cost is just $6 per shooter. This year we will have a 4-P division , Prone and standing divisions to go along with the team event.

Good luck
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

League starts in less than two months, start registering your teams or as individuals. Its looking like its going to be another great season.

Go to VTWinter.PostalLeague.com to start your registration process.

You need to create a user name and password. Then look for a e-mail from Net.Competitor.com to verify your email address

Once you do that you can log back in and actually register for the match and register others as well as create your team.

Any questions just send me an e-mail to VTWinterPostalLeague@yahoo.com

Thanks
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

Just one month to go before the start of the 2015 season, go to
VTWinter.PostalLeague.com and register yourself and your team.
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

With just under two weeks to go before the start of the league season, registration is starting to pick up. So far their are 12 teams registered with another 4-5 expected. The league has about 90 competitors spread out among the three disciplines (4-P, Prone & Standing/air rifle). Another 20-30 expected to sign up over the next week.

Now is the time to register your club or sign up to shoot as an individual in the great league.

You will find shooters from all levels of ability and age all competing together. Registration cost just $6 per shooter for the ten match season. With prizes going back to shooters. If you have any questions please send an e-mail to VTWinterPostalLeague@yahoo.com or call 518 298-7776. Registration and submission of scores is done on line at VtWinter.Postalleague.com photos and updates can also be found on facebook.

Looking forward to a great season.
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

We are up to 15 teams but have committments from one more and possible another may join us. The league should be at 17 teams and easy over 120 shooters.

Please try and finalize your registration and teams over the weekend. We would like to throw that majic switch to allow on line recording of scores sometime on Monday. After that you may need approval to move teams arround or register.

Go to vtwinter.postalleague to get started.

Divisions tentatively are to be as follows

West
Albion PA (last years champs
Jamestown NY
Washington State
I-95 (CA & WA)
St Lawrence NY
Marksman NY

North
Montreal PQ
Plattsburgh NY
Plattsburgh Jr's NY
Northfield VT
Burlington VT
Aces

South
Whitehall (Most Championships in League History)
Hudson Falls
Barrington NH
NY Sharpshooters NY
(team to be announced)MA

If you need any help with registration or have any questions send an e-mail to VTWinterPostalLeague.com

League cost ony $6
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

We are now just five days away from the start of the 2015 season, this season we will have 18 teams with about 125 shooters hailing from 11 states and three countries. Clubs will be divided into three divisions based on geographic location. They are as follows;

Western Division---Northern Division-----Southern Division

Albion, NY----------Pointe Claire, PQ-------Whitehall NY

Jamestown, NY----- Burlington VT---------Hudson Falls NY

Skagit WA---------- Plattsburgh RR, NY----Plattsburgh Aces, NY

I-5’s CA/WA---------Plattsburgh JRs NY----Barrington NH

Plattsburgh MK, NY---Northfield MAR VT---Niantic, CT

St Lawrence NY-------Northfield WHT VT---NY SS Rotterdam, NY

First week scores are due by Saturday January 24th, please do not be late in entering scores, by Sunday, scores will be finalized and additional entries will not be allowed by the web site.

You should be able to start to enter scores this week, hopefully by the end of today. We need to throw a switch on the web site side to change the status from Registration to In-Progress, after that, the web site is set up to not allow teams to be changed. We were trying to hold off as everyone completes registration. Please be patient. I have asked the web host to adjust the computer program to allow additional competitors to register even after this date. Please make sure to complete your registration including paying league fees. If you have any difficulties entering scores, I can assist you with this. Each shooter has the ability to enter their own scores using their user names, and team managers can also enter scores for anyone on their team. I also have the ability to enter scores for the entire league. If you run into problems worse case you can e-mail me your scores and I can enter them for you, however I would like to avoid that as the entire point of the web site is to avoid mistakes and streamline the process.

Just like last season I will type up a weekly re-cap and send out an e-mail with all-star teams and division standings. You would then click on the link on the bottom of that e-mail or go directly to VTWinter.PostalLeague.com to see all individual statistics and complete overall team standings. I ask you to also please be patient with the format of first week results. The web designer will surely have to make adjustments to be sure to include everything we need (especially with team scores, I am crossing my fingers that it handles the handicap correctly for standing shooters and picks the correct score for shooters firing multiple disciplines.

Team Scores To make things clear if you fire more than one discipline your 4-P score will always count for your team score first, followed by the prone score over the standing score for that week.

PRONE SHOOTERS, please be sure to properly score your target, the scoring plus must completely cover the ten ring for a shot to be a ten.

JUNIOR SHOOTERS, Please be sure to let me know what shooters on your team are juniors. I would need to know that so that I can include them in our all-star teams.

Scores are once again due as follows;

Week one January 24

Week two January 31

Bye week

Week three Feb 14

Week four Feb 21

Week five Feb 28

Week six March 7

Week seven March 14 ( 4 person group match )

Week eight March 21

Week nine March 28

Week Ten Weekend April 11/12 (4 person group match)

FACEBOOK, as I have said many times, the league is on facebook, kindly look us up, “like” us and share photos of your team. If you are not on facebook find someone on your team who is or you can e-mail me a photo and I can upload it for you.

Hope you enjoy the season, I look forward to seeing you at the range.

Peter Visconti, Esq. Director

VT Winter Postal League
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

It appears a I had a type in the above post

Albion is from PA not NY

and under scoring for prone targets I meant to say "Plug" not "plus"

oops

The season officially opens up this weekend, however their is still time to register your self or your team. Teams really need to be in prior to the January 25th cut off to submit your first scores, teams joining after that would get a zero score for their first week. Individuals joining after the first week do not suffer as much since their ranking is based on season average. So missing a week or two is not as big of an issue.

We are now up to about 135 shooters and maybe adding a 19th team to the mix.

Its nice to see a good mix of experienced top level shooters (even Olympic hopefuls to very new shooters, Old and Young. Physically fit and handicapped.

Good luck