Going to the World Cup in Ft Benning

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Dwayne JRA

Going to the World Cup in Ft Benning

Post by Dwayne JRA »

Greetings, I am seeking some guidance so to how to get to the Rifle WC next May. I would like to have the process outlined to me in its entirety if possible. Jamaica has never before sent a shooter and so there isn't readily available information. If anyone has documents that they think may also be of assistance please email them to ALEXANDER_daf@hotmail.com also if there are prerequisite events or scores please highlight them. Thanks in advance guys.
Marc Orvin

Re: Going to the World Cup in Ft Benning

Post by Marc Orvin »

Go to USA Shooting website and read what was required for the 2014 World Cup at Ft Benning. This would give you a general indication of what is required. The registration for the 2015 WC is not yet posted, but should not be very much different than this year's event.

http://www.usashooting.org/library/Comp ... mation.pdf
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I don't know about specific customs, documentation or travel requirements but I presume you realise that you cannot enter a World Cup privately. All entries must be made by the National Federation, in your case the Jamaica Rife Association.
justadude

Post by justadude »

Dwayne,

The World Cup is run/sanctioned by ISSF and hosted by USA Shooting/United States Army Marksmanship Unit at Ft. Benning.

As David has said, you need to be working with ISSF to get all the various registrations in place.

http://www.issf-sports.org/theissf/comm ... ct_us.ashx

This SHOULD take you to the contact page where you can contact ISSF directly and see about getting Jamaica registered and entered and also getting your athletes registered with ISSF. Better to go straight to the source.

Good Luck
'Dude