Leaking fill adapter

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

silhouette shooter

Leaking fill adapter

Post by silhouette shooter »

I have an Anschutz 8001 10 meter club air rifle. The fill adapter has started leaking around the bleed screw.

Does anyone have any idea what caused it to start leaking?

Is there any way to stop the leak and still use it?

If someone has an extra one that is not being used.... Thanks Ken
ZD

Re: Leaking fill adapter

Post by ZD »

You are probably missing the ball bearing underneath the bleed screw.
On the bleed screw is a small ball bearing that sits in the slot where the screw threads into. Mine sits loose, it can fall out If I take the bleed screw out. Ball bearing is about half the size of a bb.

Hope this helps.

-Zach
silhouette shooter

Thanks for letting me know. Where can I find a ball bearing that small?
ZD

Post by ZD »

To be honest, I'm not sure. Usually when I need small parts such as screws and O-rings, I would go to a place called Tacoma screw back home. I suppose you could try a place like ace hardware. I haven't needed a replacement ball bearing before, although I have certainly dropped mine out before. You might be able to take your fill adapter to a hardware store, tell them you need a ball bearing that fits in the hole where the bleed screw goes (mine isn't a tight fit). At the very least they might be able to point you in the right direction.

-Zach
Tolkach

Post by Tolkach »

I went to a local bicycle shop, figuring they would have a good assortment of very small ball bearings. They found the right size -- no charge.

Hope you have the same luck.

Chuck
silhouette shooter

Thanks for your help guys. I talked with Mr. Homer at Champions Choice today. He is mailing one out to me at no charge. Every time that I have contacted Champion Choice they have been very helpful. Thanks You Mr. Homer.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I have two Anschutz adapters for the 8002/9003s. One has the ball bearing and the other older one does not have the ball bearing. I never used the newer one, the older bearing-free one works fine. Both are OEM.