Glove recommendation for 10m AR

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

nemo

Glove recommendation for 10m AR

Post by nemo »

Greetings all,

I started to shoot 10m air rifle again, and was wondering whether anyone could recommend a good glove and where to buy one. Since I am not sure how to size a hand, it would be preferable if the shop had a reasonable exchange policy. I prefer to "buy once cry once", so I do not mind paying for quality as long it is functional and not payment for a brand. I rest the air gun on the knuckles of a fist, if this information is helpful.

Kindest regards,

N
Shooterer

Re: Glove recommendation for 10m AR

Post by Shooterer »

I use the Champions Choice fingerless glove for both Smallbore and Highpower. I get a new one every 3-4 years, because it starts to stink from the sweat (not because it broke)
Jordan1s

Post by Jordan1s »

Shooterer wrote:I use the Champions Choice fingerless glove for both Smallbore and Highpower. I get a new one every 3-4 years, because it starts to stink from the sweat (not because it broke)
I used to have the same issue with my glove, then I started using a glove liner. If you use a glove liner, you can prolong the life of your glove(and keep it odorless). The liner is(usually) washable as well.
HWN1011

Post by HWN1011 »

For standing position I would go with one of the new lightweight thin gloves they are so much better for standing. Much more feel and a much more stable contact with the rifle.

http://www.sauer-shootingsportswear.de/ ... remiumopen
nemo

Post by nemo »

Gentlemen,

thank you very much for all the recommendations. How do you select the correct size, is the sizing somehow standardized like shoes?

HWN1011,

do those people have a U.S. presence?

Kindest regards,

N
tim g

Post by tim g »

nemo wrote:Gentlemen,

thank you very much for all the recommendations. How do you select the correct size, is the sizing somehow standardized like shoes?

HWN1011,

Kindest regards,

N
Hi, for accurate sizing have a look at the intershoot website which has a sizing guide on it.
Atb
Tim
nemo

Post by nemo »

Hi tim g,

thank you, found it.

Kindest regards,

N
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

I use a Schultz Exactia RV Full Glove, which I think is very good for the money, but before I bought it, I used to use a Kustermann Model 6 glove that my club has. I must admit that the Kustermann is much better quality than mine, and feels very nice to shoot with. It's proper leather, and feels like it'll last a long time and is very comfortable with it.

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Gloves.html
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I shot Champions Choice open finger gloves for years. They seemed to wear out quickly, and I decided to order the Gehmann version. I really don't have a scientific number to rate it, but I think the Gehmann lasted about twice as long. The leather does not break down as fast and the rubber grip certainly lasted twice as long. Here is the Gehmann link http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... item=G466L. I also had the Champion Choice Euro http://www.champchoice.com/store/Main.a ... tem=CC57XS and it did not last at all. The rubber wore away quickly, and it lacked support. The Sauer glove linked above looked interesting.
nemo

Post by nemo »

Hi Wynne, Terry,

thank you for the recommendation and the links. I hve read some good reviews of the Kustermann Model 6, I'll see if a friend can bring me one.

Kindest regards,

N
Wynne G Oldman

Post by Wynne G Oldman »

nemo wrote:Hi Wynne, Terry,

thank you for the recommendation and the links. I hve read some good reviews of the Kustermann Model 6, I'll see if a friend can bring me one.

Kindest regards,

N
You're welcome Terry, glad that I could be of some help.
Morini 162 EI
Anschutz 1913 Supermatch
HWN1011

Post by HWN1011 »

nemo wrote:Gentlemen,

HWN1011,

Kindest regards,

N
I am not sure where in the U.S. but if you drop them an email I am sure they will be able to help. Or just order from a company like EdinKillie in the UK they will ship out to you no problem.
I think once you try one of these contact style gloves you would never go back to the thicker style gloves for standing.

Kustermann also make a contact glove for standing.
http://www.kustermann-shooting.de/uk/sc ... profi.html
Last edited by HWN1011 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redschietti

Post by redschietti »

I think it depends a lot on which hand position you use.
HWN1011

Post by HWN1011 »

redschietti wrote:I think it depends a lot on which hand position you use.
I have found the contact style thin gloves work fine when shooting off Palm or a fist. No pain what so ever even if shooting for hours during training.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

HWN1011 wrote:For standing position I would go with one of the new lightweight thin gloves they are so much better for standing. Much more feel and a much more stable contact with the rifle.

http://www.sauer-shootingsportswear.de/ ... remiumopen

I ordered a Sauer glove from Canada. It was 102.00 shipped. I was on the edge of a large and XL, so I got the larger size for comfort and maybe a thin liner that I can wash and dry easily.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Sauer-PREMI ... 565778a43e