Anschutz Zeller left hand model 54

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

fast996

Anschutz Zeller left hand model 54

Post by fast996 »

I saw this rifle .Does anybody know anything about Zeller or what date it was made it is Marked ULM W. Germany and Model 54 Match on the barrel length is 610MM , weighs 13.5 lb , has a heavy barrel Serial starts out w/ 1813xxx.

Bolt action rifle that takes 10 round magazine.....in the description.

What would be the price window on this rifle?

justadude

Re: Anschutz Zeller left hand model 54

Post by justadude »

10 round magazine huh? Unless someone flips it over, takes the picture of the magazine well and posts it my first inclination is that someone is putting us on.

Many things are possible if you put your mind to it but then I would have to ask, Why?

From the looks of it this is a transition model 1413. Often called 1613. Based on it starting 181... without pulling out my notes I would guess some where about 1979, perhaps 1980.

From the pics the finish looks to be in good shape so it likely has low miles.

Until it is confirmed this has actually been modded for a magazine I would not want to speculate on the value.

Dude
fast996

Post by fast996 »

justadude wrote:10 round magazine huh? Unless someone flips it over, takes the picture of the magazine well and posts it my first inclination is that someone is putting us on.

Many things are possible if you put your mind to it but then I would have to ask, Why?

From the looks of it this is a transition model 1413. Often called 1613. Based on it starting 181... without pulling out my notes I would guess some where about 1979, perhaps 1980.

From the pics the finish looks to be in good shape so it likely has low miles.

Until it is confirmed this has actually been modded for a magazine I would not want to speculate on the value.

Dude
I will confirm the repeater aspect tomorrow. I think it might be correct though,what would be the reason for the Zeller designation,as Josef Zeller was a Dortmund Germany gunsmith of high repute.

Though the repeater conversion is also done by Mark Cheeseboro on Model 54 Anschutz rifles.

But I would expect if it has indeed been converted the value would be effected? Say if the cost was 1500.00,how would that appear to you?
justadude

Post by justadude »

If this were just a low miles 16xx or 18xx with low miles I might expect around $2000. A true 18xx would fare a bit better in bidding wars than a 16xx. This also assumes it at least has the hook butt plate to go with it.

If is has been modified to take a magazine then to me it is more of a curiosity than something that has value. As noted, someone with time, skill and inclination can make such a modification but does it have practical value? Not likely to most target shooters so in my eyes the rifle has been devalued.

$1500 would not be a bad price, depending on what you wanted the rifle for: A curiosity well OK, you found one. Serious competition rifle, not so much, as even if you load it single shot many places might not allow it because it can take a magazine in which case it is about worthless.

'Dude
fast996

Post by fast996 »

OK the barrel code is "1A" marked right past the receiver on the right side.On the receiver it is marked "012345" along with "Anschutz" on the left side.The serial with the Ulm West Germany on the right side.It is a single shot rifle.