Freeland Friction Washers

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

GaryD

Freeland Friction Washers

Post by GaryD »

I have just bought a second hand Original Freeland scope stand, which came with a saddle head.

I want to replace the saddle head with a Freeland Zoom head.

My question is, which way do you guys recommend fitting the friction washers to the scope and stand so that the scope stays in place and doesn't move
ABoyd57946

Re: Freeland Friction Washers

Post by ABoyd57946 »

GaryD, have the same problem. I second the question. If anyone knows please do post any advice you have. I am stacking all the large locking washers to one side of the small silver washer, tightening the assembly and knob by hand, then tightening again the knobs Allen screw using significant force with my Allen wrenches. But still having limited luck and it's not as tight as I would like. Thanks, Tony.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Is it the old fiber washers you have? Champion Shooters in Ohio has a new setup where they use a spring washer between some large flat washers. It works pretty well. They sell just the washers and it is not an expensive upgrade. I upgraded mine.
GaryD

Post by GaryD »

pdeal wrote:Is it the old fiber washers you have? Champion Shooters in Ohio has a new setup where they use a spring washer between some large flat washers. It works pretty well. They sell just the washers and it is not an expensive upgrade. I upgraded mine.
Thanks for the information

Yes the Old stand that I have does have the fibre washers, but the new Zoom Head came with the new Freeland Friction Washers which will replace them.

The old stand also has a recess underneath the fibre washers so I might have to put a steel washer in there to fill the gap up.

Is there any chance of you putting a photo of your set up for us to have a look at please.