Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes: 18

Metookevin

Re: Anchutz 1913 with bleiker action?

Post by Metookevin »

While not entirely relevant to original post, my Bleiker was fitted to the Grunig stock RS3 several years ago. It needed slight machining to fit the flat bed action for clearance. Not sure if this is still the case with current Grunig stocks. But I love the Grunig. The Bleiker stock I have not tried but I would be surprised if it was better than a Grunig.
Cheers
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

A quick update here.... I had been told, or at least thought so: That a Bleiker would drop into a 2013 series Anschutz stock, or at least with minor modification. Just out of curiosity, I checked. Yes, you can do it, but it is more than just a simple modification.
Rick Marsh

Vice-Chairman
USA Shooting Board of Directors
bluetentacle

Post by bluetentacle »

All current Grunig stocks have drop-in support for the Bleiker smallbore action.
Ans2013

Post by Ans2013 »

Any Anschutz stock made to take the Anschutz 2000 series be it wood, cast aluminium or solid aluminium can be modified to take a Bleiker action. The flat bottomed action of the Bleiker had a number of combinations of threaded holes for bedding bolts which enable the fitting of the action into different stocks. The Bleiker stocks uses 6 bedding bolts. I have a cast alloy Anschutz 2000 series stock which needed some machining at the rear of the existing bedding area to allow my Bleiker action to fit, the Bleiker is also fractionally wider than the 2000 series action so a little work also required there.

If you have a wooden stock then a considerable amount of work will be required as a epoxy bedding job will be required after removing the necessary wood.

The Bleiker trigger is excellent as is the easier loading & yes when I shoot to my best ability the Bleiker produces better groups.

I absolutely agree with all the previous posts in regard to playing around with barrels from one action to another. A crazy idea if ever I have heard one, you would almost certainly undo any benefit you might have gained after spending a lot of money.

Over the years I have owned 6 Anschutz rifles & won many competitions, they are a great make of rifle. I have also won with Walther & Feinwerkbau so most of the time it's down to me to shoot to the best of my ability to win, any good quality rifle with the right ammo for that rifle will be capable of winning.

As one post suggested when you can regularly shoot 198/199 x 200 & know when the shots you have lost are NOT your fault then it might be worth getting the Bleiker.