Feinwerkbau 700 trigger creep

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

peashooter

Feinwerkbau 700 trigger creep

Post by peashooter »

I have my rifle set up with a 2 stage trigger. I have noticed a small amount of creep occasionally on the 2nd stage. Can this be adjusted out?
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

Yes, I have my 700 set to 35ish grams first stage and 70ish grams second stage and it breaks like glass. I remember having to fiddle with it for a few hours to get it exactly where I wanted it to be but it was well worth it.
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

Good to know. Can you remember whether you had to adjust "screw14"- trigger point?(the one the handbook says not to alter..)

What I've noticed is that if I hold the trigger at maybe 50% of the trigger breaking there is this tiny movement in the system. Maybe its wrong to call it creep. Annoying.....
RobinC

700 trigger

Post by RobinC »

Yes it is screw 14, they say to get it on let off point (ie it will not cock) and then go back 10 degree's, thats a safe setting but I find this can produce a creepy trigger.
I do it by feel and the slightest adjustment back until the trigger will set safely and has no creep. It can be fidly and can take care and time to get that ballance of safety and crisp trigger. My judgment of "safe" is for the action to be able to be shut firmly, and to be able to give the side of the stock a firm bump with the fist, if it does not go off its safe.
I've always got them crisp and safe, but be aware that all finely set triggers will over time (a year or more) may go out of adjustment and need to be reset.
Good Shooting
Robin
peashooter

Post by peashooter »

Many thanks. I was worried I was going to have to send the rifle to Germany to get it looked at. I've adjusted screw 14 in tiny tiny steps and it now seems to be fixed and still safe. Pretty tricky. Would a drop of nail polish on the screw to fix it in place be a good idea?