Source for Anschutz prone stocks ??

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Pastprime

Source for Anschutz prone stocks ??

Post by Pastprime »

Can someone please direct me to one or two companies that might have the older 1411 or 1811 prone stocks for sale. As my latest round of buying and trading is winding down, it seems that I have a barreled action left over and need to make a complete rifle of it.

Hank
IRLConor

Re: Source for Anschutz prone stocks ??

Post by IRLConor »

Pastprime wrote:Can someone please direct me to one or two companies that might have the older 1411 or 1811 prone stocks for sale. As my latest round of buying and trading is winding down, it seems that I have a barreled action left over and need to make a complete rifle of it.
A club I'm a member of has some stocks left over after moving some club rifles into newer aluminium stocks. They're well-used (read: college students used them for decades), and I'm not sure of the model numbers but if you're interested I might be able to see if we could come to some arrangement.

Are rifle stocks controlled for import/export where you're based? They're not here (Ireland) so it could be as easy as putting one in the mail.
Pastprime

Post by Pastprime »

Thank you for the reply. I'm not aware of any restrictions on the international shipping of stocks. I would be very interested in hearing what may be available.

Hank
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

As far as import/export goes it might be worth checking up on policy on shipping items made from timber. From watching some of those border security type programs on TV they seem to get upset about all sorts of stuff that may otherwise be OK to ship. Australia and NZ seem to spring to mind mostly though.

Alan
dc.fireman

Post by dc.fireman »

Alex at Masterclass Stocks, in Pennsylvania. Look 'em up on the net. For a SMB Prone stock, you'll likely want the '1600 Prone' stock he makes. It has plenty of options, and is one of the most beautiful modern day prone stock I've seen.