Fwb 800x vs 800 alum

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

rjfinke

Fwb 800x vs 800 alum

Post by rjfinke »

I am wondered if anyone has used the 800x and what they thought of it? Also interested in comparison of the X to the alum. air rifle.
Any input would be appreciated.
sroehrs

Post by sroehrs »

Sean will let you know in a few months! :)

As for the ALU, haven't seen one. Not sure they are in the US yet.
rjfinke

Post by rjfinke »

That was why I was asking so we knew the comparison. Lol
sroehrs

Post by sroehrs »

I know, I just couldn't resist RJ.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

Just for discussion, I had both the Anschutz 9003S2 and 9003S2 Precise. The change in stocks made the rifles feel very, very unique. Same said for the 1913 with a wood stock, and the aluminum stock, very different feel. I personally feel that a shooter needs a few weeks to fit and test a stock before they can decide if they like it. It is hard to make a suggestion because fit and feel are such a personal thing.
Dustin Clays

Re: Fwb 800x vs 800 alum

Post by Dustin Clays »

Has anything come of this comparison?

What is the difference between the FWB 800 and a FWB 800x?
Andre

Post by Andre »

Dustin Clays wrote:What is the difference between the FWB 800 and a FWB 800x?
800x:

800 alu:
JC2021

Post by JC2021 »

I don't think D.C. just meant what they look like...
From pictures it looks like it's just the cocking lever, adjustability of the butt and stabilizer piece (?) across the barrel that are fancier on the X. Even the sights look the same.

From FWB's webiste (where the pix came from):

X model:
The model range 800 sets new standard insofar as quality, functionality, design and shooting performance of match air rifles is concerned.
No compromise about the incorporated technology.
High quality materials combined with the know-how of several generations bring optimum preconditions for the next generation of compressed air rifles.
An innovative principle of the pressure reducer with an optimized control action cares for an even more stable outgoing of the shots. By using high-precision trigger components and an improved escapement, model 800 shows an extremely short development time for the shots.
Attention should be paid to the various adjustabilities of model 800 X.
The rear stock can be put crosswise twice and is adjustable in height and dividable – and this without interference of the preset sight-line.
Conversion of the stock from right to left possible without complexity.
The cheek piece disposes of two edge radiuses (square or round) and can be rotated by 180° enabling the shooter to determine his most favourable aiming position. Moreover the cheek piece is adjustable in height, shiftable and pivoted.
Cocking lever of model 800 in basic position is free-adjustable by 360° and can be pivoted to the inside and to the outside.
The shapely design of model 800 X impresses visually with the typical-distinctive Feinwerkbau lines.
The revolutionary front stock cares for an obviously innovative looking and cares in addition for an optimal damping characteristics of the system in the Aluminium stock.
The vario sight has been face-lifted – so the various adjustment possibilities of the sight line have been shapely realized.

Alu model:
Model 800 Alu appears in a newly designed Aluminium stock with the distinctive Feinwerkbau line.
The innovative principle for pressure reducer of model series 800 is also used in this model version. Model 800 Alu is of course also equipped with the patented Feinwerkbau absorber – ideal conditions for a smooth shooting performance.
Various possibilities to adjust the stock offer an ideal adaption of the rifle to the shooter’s needs. A new model setting standards in view to cost-performance ratio.
Model 800 Alu is available in two colour versions – either classical black or alternatively with cheek piece grip made of laminated wood in red.

So, perhaps it's only a difference of adjustability levels?
inzl

Post by inzl »

I have 800 alu for over a year now, happy with it.