New Electronic scoring system in the market..

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

40838LG300

New Electronic scoring system in the market..

Post by 40838LG300 »

Hello guys,

This is a new electronic target system for Air Rifle and Air Pistol.
The prices are unreal and the software is awesome ! Any reviews of the Product appreciated..
They offer free software download which works on laptop for windows and Mac (For the first time)
The system is claimed to be Wifi based and portable. I am interested to purchase it but need some reviews.

here is the link: www.elitescorer.com
Attachments
screen shot.jpg
Justin3399

Elite Scorer

Post by Justin3399 »

Hi, you seem to be from India where the product is manufactured. I think you should buy one and post a review for us who are half way around the world. The last time I check them out, I had issues as it was not supporting my Mac but they promised an upgrade.. Now they have delivered. Considering we don't get things like these on Mac, I am quite hopeful the hardware is equally good.

I like the name though "Elite Scorer" (I'd like to be one some day ;)
Ray Odle

Post by Ray Odle »

I could not find prices.
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Found the prices
http://www.elitescorer.com/ElectronicSc ... oting.aspx
Not an inexpensive solution.
AR $1200
AP $1400
If you shoot both AR and AP that unit costs about $3k
Brian G

Post by Brian G »

Quotes from Elitescorer.com:-

"Elite Scorer can measure accurate shot locations upto 10 divisions of a Millimeter!"

and

"2. Gauging errors in reading the shot properly can give wrong feedback in training. EliteScorer give accurate and consistent scores right upto 100th of an mm."

Which is it? 0.10mm or 0.01mm I hope the equipment is more accurate than it's description.
justadude

Post by justadude »

Then note that if you want the "PRO" software, apparently for some statistical analysis and Finals programs that will be another $390USD.

Now, I am not sure the cost of some of the other competitors but for air rifle by the time I have the whole kit I have $1600 sunk into the system. It might be just a great system but I am not feeling "low cost" about this.

Of course this is precision air rifle or air pistol, none of this stuff is inexpensive. What was I thinking?!

'Dude
40838LG300

@justadude

Post by 40838LG300 »

@Justadude I have contacted some other target manufacturers..
Suis costs between 6000-7000$ now that is crazy for what you get in return !
After looking at the software interface..i am happy for the way somebody has put in the work.. this sport needs a new look.. not the same boring suis..
whoever has taken up this work.. indeed.. i never dreamt that i could own a electronic target scoring system for as cheap as anywhere close to 1000$-2000$ one hell of a saving that is for me ;)
justadude

Post by justadude »

@40838LG300

I agree with the points you are making but also think we need to find a way to get the price down a little more.

Yeah, I know, Suis has been the standard bearer for this stuff and when it first came out anything else was clearly second tier. I have to defer to your price research, I was not aware that Suis was $6000+ (yeah that is a lot of money so you can shoot pellets at it) I have heard the Meyton is a little over $2000 so yes Elite Scorer at $1600 for everything for AR a little more for AP is a cost savings. That is still a fair chunk of change.

Somehow there is a psychological barrier, if they could get the price for the basic unit down under $1000 they could probably sell them faster than they could make them.

I am aware that there is a somewhat limited market for such devices and they will need to recover their development costs in a reasonable period of time. It is one of those things, you don't often think of $1600 for the PRO or $1200 for the base AR system and "cost effective solution" in the same breath. Less expensive than the competitive systems?, yes, Cost effective? I am still not feeling the love. : (

'Dude
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Ugh
For $3k for the AR+AP version, I will stick with paper targets and a spotting scope.
It may be cheaper than the other electronic targets, but it is still EXPENSIVE.

When you put the pieces together, this sport is getting VERY EXPENSIVE.
- gun(s)
- outfit
- electronic trainer (RIKA, SCATT, etc).
- electronic target
- travel to matches
Jason

Re: @justadude

Post by Jason »

40838LG300 wrote:@Justadude I have contacted some other target manufacturers..
After looking at the software interface..i am happy for the way somebody has put in the work.. this sport needs a new look.. not the same boring suis..
whoever has taken up this work.. indeed.. i never dreamt that i could own a electronic target scoring system for as cheap as anywhere close to 1000$-2000$ one hell of a saving that is for me ;)
I hate to be the downer on what could be a nice addition to the market, but your posting screams "planted" to me, especially given your geographic location, low number of posts and obvious bias towards the product.

I know the viral and social media approach is all the rage right now in marketing, but this feels a little too canned and already makes me doubt the website's claims. I'll sit on the sidelines until I read an unbiased review -- maybe call the guys at Target Shooter and see if they're interested.

Jason
dronning

Re: @justadude

Post by dronning »

40838LG300 wrote:@Justadude I have contacted some other target manufacturers..
FYI - I just got a quote for a Suis HS10 Kit B and it was under $2,800

"HS10 target with wall mount bracket/pellet trap, cabling, and network interface for 10 meter air pistol and rifle, and smallbore. Utilizes your laptop for control and monitoring."

Dave
RobinC

target system

Post by RobinC »

It looks very interesting and regardless of what some of you think it is very cheap, and why not?

The target supply business has been a closed shop for a long time, with only a couple of high end suppliers with no reason to lower prices, which has held up the prices, the technology is simple so there is no logical reason why it should not be cheaper.
India is a big country with a lot of shooters and borders other big countries with a lot of shooters, if its a viable product good luck to them.

I can't find any pictures of the target hardware on the website? Am I mising something?
That said I would like to see the whole set up working live before I commited to buy any thing.

Robin
RobinC

target system

Post by RobinC »

Brian G wrote:Quotes from Elitescorer.com:-

"Elite Scorer can measure accurate shot locations upto 10 divisions of a Millimeter!"

and

"2. Gauging errors in reading the shot properly can give wrong feedback in training. EliteScorer give accurate and consistent scores right upto 100th of an mm."

Which is it? 0.10mm or 0.01mm I hope the equipment is more accurate than it's description.
Brian
I'm sure they are saying it scores to tenths i.e. 10.9 and 10.8 etc, but is accurate to 100ths.
I've emailed a shooting contact in India to get an independant opinion in case the poster is a company plant, but regardless even if he is, if this is not a scam which I doubt, it's a great new product. I researched electronic systems for a new club recently and this is under half the best price of those offered from the established European companies.
The real saving is as either a rifle or pistol system, when its a combined one they are then close to the basic Meyton system price.
Metookevin

Post by Metookevin »

I have shot on the Suis Ascor systems as installed at Sydney, Australia for the last 10 years predominantly on the air rifle range, usually on a weekly basis for 9 months or so of the year. These systems are very, very reliable and accurate. I turn up, switch on the machine and shoot. Very rarely have I encountered pellet jam up on the paper feed but it has happened. Can't comment on maintenance as I have no knowledge of this aspect.

I am hoping that this new product meets accuracy and reliability standards because it would be a great thing for many shooters to acquire who currently shoot on paper. But if having paid out even half of the asking price and the club/individual suffers reliability or accuracy problems then it won't seem like a good deal. The manufacturers do have to prove themselves. Goods produced out of Japan or Germany do have track records of excellence, can't say that something bought out of China or India fills me with confidence.

Cheers
snapy050

We Manufacture Elite Scorer

Post by snapy050 »

Hello People,

I am one of the promoters of the company that makes Elite Scorer. We see great interest on various forums and Elite Scorer being discussed in great detail. A few years ago, I used to be very active on this forum just like anyone else looking for the best Rifle/Equipment and improving technique. I also did read a lot about the need for low cost (but reliable) Electronic targets.

It did take a long while and a lot of effort to come up with a production ready product. We have made various improvements on what exists in the market today such as making it Wireless and a great software package. I am working with a vision to do my bit to change our sport and move towards making it more spectator friendly.

We are focused on Home users and I intend to solve some common problems of pursuing shooting..

1. Home Range to avoid travelling time and cost to far off clubs.
2. Adapt to the New ISSF rules of decimal scoring.
3. Self coach (as most of us dont have access to a quality coach)
4. Group up with buddies over the weekend with portable systems and have friendly matches.
5. Low cost of consumables, Low cost of ownership.
6. Save your sessions, analyse them, mail them, share them on social networking sites.

There is a whole lot more in the pipeline for the future. But Elite Scorer is here to stay. We have opened up for sales in India and soon will be launching for sales to other countries. We clarify about the points made.. the system is 0.1mm accurate and in line with ISSF requirements for target systems. We may not cater to one and all but we hope we can suffice the competitive ones. We would be better known for our reliability and advancements as we already have a service and support team in place to answer you live.

Whoever "planted" the story, all I have to say is thank you, but no thanks. Eventually the product will find its way here :) We hope Elite Scorer will meet your expectations of a high quality product and serve your purpose of owning an Electronic Target System. The Rifle+Pistol Edition on the site is meant for hosting competitions and networking them to a server. We have planned to release another model that has no networking capability but can be used for both Rifle & Pistol. (check the site for updates)

We will visit this forum whenever possible and answer your queries.
rmarsh

Post by rmarsh »

Snappy050,

When will this product be available in the States? I am particularly interested in the lower cost air rifle/pistol version. I am building a 5 lane home range which will be completed in the next few months. I would like to outfit it with electronic targets but the cost and lead time of other targets out there are a bit high.... and long. I have had a Meyton target on order for 6 months now, still no response on a projected ship date. :(
justadude

Post by justadude »

rmarsh puts a spotlight on the current conundrum:

In the past a local club could install say half a dozen of the Gehmann hand crank single bull target carriers, probably spent about $1000 and they would have equipment that was very similar to what you would encounter at Ft. Benning or other high level match.

(I kind of recall back in the 80s shooting either at Phoenix or LA and they had the Spieth(sp) motorized carriers. I thought I was styling but I digress.)

Back then, regardless of hand crank or motorized carriers, between your local range and a big match the rhythm was the same. Now to train locally the same way you shoot at a big match, a local club is going to need electronic targets. Now, rather than under $1000 for six firing points a club is likely somewhere between $10K and $20K for six points.

I am not sure how many clubs can swing that. This is where I get back to the psychological barrier, if somehow electronic targets could sneak in under $1000 they would be looked at as much more attainable, although for a club that would still be a fair chunk of change.

Cheers,
'Dude
Brian G

Re: target system

Post by Brian G »

RobinC wrote:
Brian G wrote:Quotes from Elitescorer.com:-

and

Brian
I'm sure they are saying it scores to tenths i.e. 10.9 and 10.8 etc, but is accurate to 100ths.
I've emailed a shooting contact in India to get an independant opinion in case the poster is a company plant, but regardless even if he is, if this is not a scam which I doubt, it's a great new product. I researched electronic systems for a new club recently and this is under half the best price of those offered from the established European companies.
The real saving is as either a rifle or pistol system, when its a combined one they are then close to the basic Meyton system price.
Robin

I agree, any measuring system has to 10 times more accurate than it's indicated output to allow for rounding errors.
The above description measures to 0.10mm but indicates to 0.01mm ??
Knowing the country of origin, English may not be their first language, hence the mixup.

I am not knocking it, competition in the market place can only be a good thing.
Dustin Clays

Orion Scoing System

Post by Dustin Clays »

My daughter's (all 3 of them) Jr club just bought the Orion Scoring System (just= 2 weeks ago) for Air Rifle and BB Gun. They put me in charge of learning it. So far it's been very easy to learn and use.

I've only scored test targets with it so far and haven't hosted a match yet (and now our season is over- it'll be next fall before I actually get to). Orion's web site also 'hosts' a monthly virtual match each month so the Jr's can see how they stack up against other clubs unsing the orion system.

Orion is recognized by CMP and The National 3P Air Rilfe Council. So scores from matches can be posted on-line live as they are scored.

The customer support is great too!

I am NOT saying any other system is inferior, I am just giving you my two cents on the Orion System. :)

http://www.orionscoringsystem.com/orion/Home.aspx
justadude

Post by justadude »

@Dustin,

There are some dramatic differences between the Orion target scoring system and the electronic targets that are the main focus of this thread.

The Orion as you well know now, you shoot a paper target and a scanner and software scores the paper target.

The electronic systems that are the focus of the thread, sensors down range and a computer system evaluate the shot immediately after the shot is fired. Several points networked together on the same computer will show results and standings in real time. Exciting stuff to watch, (as exciting as this rather stationary sport gets)

For the true electronic targets the closest you ever get to a fired target is a composite printout of a shooters results at the end of the match.

There are cost advantages to the Orion system, you buy one system (a bit over $1000 by the time you are done) and you can use that for as many firing points as you can put in the building. With electronic targets, you are usually $2000+ per firing point.

I am not a big fan of the 12 bull Orion targets as the bulls are squished too close together for my taste, but that is a personal thing, other folks I have heard really rave about the system.

Cheers,
'Dude