Unusual Unertl pistol grip adapter: Info needed, please.

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bart

Unusual Unertl pistol grip adapter: Info needed, please.

Post by Bart »

Just bought a Winchester model 52, circa 1932. Mint bore, looks great, has original factory scope blocks mounted, but it had an ugly wooden looking pistol grip extention screwed on it. Bought it anyway.

Getting 1/2" groups of five shots at 75 yds with the original winchester 82A peep. Lyman Super Targetspot 15X scope is on the way to me.

While linseed oiling the stock I took off the adapter and realized it was cast aluminum painted brown by a previous owner. On the bottom of the adapter it is deeply stamped "J Unertl". I cleaned off the paint and it is simply cast aluminum exactly moulded to the model 52 pistol grip.

Searching the internet turns up nothing..only Unertl scopes. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Any idea the value? Looks great in "the white" and makes it really comfortable.

I'd post pics from my file, but it keeps telling me I'm trying to attach "an empty file", whatever that means.

Thanks for any help.
pfiori

Unertl Grip Attachment

Post by pfiori »

Bart,

Unertl made those and listed them in their early (late 30's early 40's) catalogs. They are not particularly rare and the few that I have seen sell recently were less than $100.

Pete
Bart

Post by Bart »

Thanks, Pete, much appreciated.

Might you have a link to some info on line which shows them listed in their early catalog, or up for auction?