Anschutz 7020 rear sight adjustment (Left Hand)

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Leo

Anschutz 7020 rear sight adjustment (Left Hand)

Post by Leo »

I have a LH 1907 and perhpas I could read the dials -- but in sighting my rifle in this afternoon the "adjustment direction" was reversed -- "L" actually raised my impact -- is this me, or is the convention actually referring to the physical location of the ring? Also, I have a 10 click adjustment -- at 50 feet what is the 10 clicks worth? (1/2"?).... thanks for the help. :)
jmkwyo

Post by jmkwyo »

Point your thumb in the direction you want to turn the sights. Then use your fingers to turn the sights in the direction they are pointing. This is a good rule of 'thumb'. Obviously which hand you use is critical. ((The letters on the dials are in German))
talladega

Post by talladega »

most all sights i've seen use right hand thread. if yours does then its simple.

when you turn the knob clockwise its going to push the sight away from the knob. counter-clockwise pulls sight towards knob.

move the rear sight in the direction you want your shots to go.

hope that helps.
2650 Plus

Sight adjustments

Post by 2650 Plus »

As you posted when you move the sight adjustment toward the L it moves the strike of the bullet up.In the German sights the L means that your shots are hitting low and by movine the sight toward the L you are raising the rear sight and moving the strike of the bullet up. Good Shooting Bill Horton
dpg4

Post by dpg4 »

My coach made it simple as for up and down "H" is for "hell" and that means down. From a fellow lefty:)
talladega

Post by talladega »

dpg4 wrote:My coach made it simple as for up and down "H" is for "hell" and that means down. From a fellow lefty:)
:) that's what my dad has always said too.
jholtman

Post by jholtman »

Leo.
The sight should have "H" and "T" on the top knob and "L" and "R" on the side knob. If you moved the knob marked L and R and that moved the impact up, something is wrong. If this is a cantable sight, is the sight rotated 90 degrees off to make it a left hand sight? Or are the knobs on the wrong posts? I also teach "H" is for hell which is down and "T" is toward the top. The "L" and "R" directions are reversed by what we normally think. That is because if you look at the sight you will see in small print the word"bei". That means "if", so the sight markings mean: "If the bullet impacts left, turn this way" A far better way to adjust sights is to memorize which way the point of impact moves with a clockwise turn of the knob. Then you can make adjustments in position without looking at the knob. All current Anschutz sights move the impact Left and Down with clockwise knob rotation.