Anschutz 54

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Wingnut

Anschutz 54

Post by Wingnut »

I am looking at 54 super match heavy barrel thumbhold stock no sites stock is fair. Gun will not cock, but they will fix it. I belive it older 70's . This gun does not jump out to you. But I am willing to work with it.It was a club gun. Ashing $700.00. Is this a going price. I dont know a lot about Anschutz.
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

Really hard to say, but generally a beat up stock with an old school butthook will run 300 bucks. If it has one extractor, and a fixed cheekpiece stock, I would pass. So, if it has an adjustable cheekpiece, and the can get it to fire, 700 is OK. Certainly if the safety was on the receiver, not on the bolt, it would be a 16XX and that would be a very good deal. One resolution why it won't cock/fire would be a bad firing pin and springs. That would be roughly 75 to fix. Again, most of this commentary is a big guess. If you get pics, that would help refine the answers.
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

No buthook, 2 Extractors & adj cheek piece. The cocking problem they said was just a spring will fix at no cost. the stock will have to be refinished to make it a nice peace. I just want it for target & plinking.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

Wingnut,
I would plan on replacing the barrel considering it was a club gun with cleaning techniques that were being taught.

We have a group in PA called the Wingnuts who fly powered parachutes. Are you a member?
Regards,
Ben
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

What is the difference between 1413 & 1409
sandy22

Post by sandy22 »

Barrel weight (& length). 1409 has the lighter, shorter "standard rifle" barrel.
1813benny

Post by 1813benny »

Never heard of a 1409....1407 yes....