New Version of Anschutz Air Rifle

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

Safety:
Protects your target gun from inadvertent shot release.
oh boy THAT makes me feel secure!!!!

I thought not loading until I was ready to shoot and keeping my finger off the trigger until I was shooting it protects my target gun from inadvertent shot release.

Maybe that section should read:
Safety:
Protects your target gun manufacturer from lawyers.
or
Safety:
Protects your target gun importer from overzealous customs officers.
seriously tho....

the shooter I'm coaching is in the market for a top end air rifle, why this one and not the FWB700 and how much does it cost in the US?

Poole
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

I'm not too sure what Anschutz are playing at, we are now seeing add on modification kits for both the 9003 and now the 8002. These add on luxury's should be on both the 9003 and the 8002 as standard from the factory. The S2 kit is around 500 Euros.
You don't see FWB or Walther doing this.
My money is on the FWB 700.
pwh

Post by pwh »

Jeez...it's going for £1,575.00 which is $2,922.00!
Get a FWB 700. Got one....love it!

~Phil
anschutz

Post by anschutz »

pwh wrote:Jeez...it's going for £1,575.00 which is $2,922.00!
Get a FWB 700. Got one....love it!

~Phil
the FWB 700 Aluminum retails for £1720.00 in GB. It's getting a bit silly with these prices now. Colin
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Quote:
Safety:
This is the Dry Fire Switch .... all 8002's have them.
I think some things get a bit twisted when going from German to English

Basically a "safety" to let you run the trigger w/o popping off air (say in your prep period) and not get a warning......

Our club has a few CMP 8002's (w/ the laminated stock ~$1500) .... they are nice guns and are light enough for our 12-13 year old precision shooters.

I think the ALU stock would be a bit heavier

Post by Guest »

jhmartin wrote:
Quote:
Safety:
This is the Dry Fire Switch .... all 8002's have them.
I think some things get a bit twisted when going from German to English

Basically a "safety" to let you run the trigger w/o popping off air (say in your prep period) and not get a warning......

Our club has a few CMP 8002's (w/ the laminated stock ~$1500) .... they are nice guns and are light enough for our 12-13 year old precision shooters.

I think the ALU stock would be a bit heavier

I think this is listed as a new offering because of the color. It is the same 8002 S2 as always. I think this is the same color and model that has been offered by Champions Choice. Price is 1850 USD. The FWB has sights, but is about a grand more. The prices are pretty crazy, but so is the price of gas.
peepsight

Post by peepsight »

Perhaps its only a matter of time before the Germans get the Chinese to make their guns like every everything else to cut the costs.

All that rising prices do is eliminate potential new shooters from taking up the sport. The knock on effect is a diminishing market.

Peeps
pwh

Post by pwh »

Yes indeed! It must be pretty difficult for a parent when a youngster would like to get involved in 10 meter rifle. Sure, there might possibly be club guns available but the time comes when he or she will want their own rifle. That is a large some of money to put out no matter how you look at it.

I realize the cost of everything is going up but these manufacturers are going to price themselves out of business.

~Phil
methosb

Post by methosb »

I really don't see any advantage in the Anschutz air rifles that is worth putting them so far above the other manufacturers' price brackets. S2 isn't worth the substantial mark up, some people don't even like what the S2 does to the feel of the rifle.

They try and trick you though. With the price list of all the rifles side by side and the Anschutz looks about the same price, but then that evil little bit of print is there "Does not come with sights." then you are like, "what ever I can just get some sights". Then you look at the price of some front and rear sights...
pwh

Post by pwh »

methosb wrote:
They try and trick you though. With the price list of all the rifles side by side and the Anschutz looks about the same price, but then that evil little bit of print is there "Does not come with sights." then you are like, "what ever I can just get some sights". Then you look at the price of some front and rear sights...
Yep....years ago what you pay for a good front and rear sight would have bought you a FWB 300!

"Ah...sorry, we didn't know you wanted to actually aim the rifle"!

~Phil
Anschutz

Post by Anschutz »

Like selling a car without the steering wheel ?? Colin
Chris - Atlanta

Good Air rifle

Post by Chris - Atlanta »

I'm one of these parents that has a son that wants to start shooting 10m and it is very expensive to get started. we don't have a club in the area. Does anyone know of a good use rifle we could buy?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Post by Guest »

You may want to try a wanted to buy add on this site. I personally think a single stroke pneumatic, like a Anschutz SSP 2001, or a FWB 603, Dianna 100, is a great starter rifle without the added cost of pumps and tanks etc. Again this is a guess, but around 800 bucks is a working budget.
If you go the route of a precompressed air rifle with the pump, and tank, it would be tough to get under 1500. The equipment does have resale value, so in the end it may not be as expensive as you think.
WRC

Re: Good Air rifle

Post by WRC »

Chris - Atlanta wrote:I'm one of these parents that has a son that wants to start shooting 10m and it is very expensive to get started. we don't have a club in the area. Does anyone know of a good use rifle we could buy?

Thanks for any help.

Chris
It would depend on whether he is shooting sporter or precision, and 3-position versus standing only. For 3P, the single stroke pneumatic will be mostly a very unusable setup, especially for a junior. Consider a CO2 precision air rifle, which is an older technology, but still readily available, and cheaper in the used market. Also see the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) site for rifles that you can buy at www.odcmp.com including sporters. PL
ESCWME

Re: Good Air rifle

Post by ESCWME »

Chris - Atlanta wrote:I'm one of these parents that has a son that wants to start shooting 10m and it is very expensive to get started. we don't have a club in the area. Does anyone know of a good use rifle we could buy?

Thanks for any help.

Chris
North GA College hosts a local club and has excellent inroads for purchases and equipment. North Georgia International Shooting Club is th name. There are couple of shooting options in your area. Contact the Griffin 4H group also.

It is a great sport. Your high school may also have a team. That is how we started. Came up through BB and then into rifle.