FWB 2700 Super-match or Walther KK300?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Bstockton18

FWB 2700 Super-match or Walther KK300?

Post by Bstockton18 »

I am looking to purchase a new small bore rifle for my son but am torn between the Walther KK300 and the FWB 2700 supermatch. The Walther is $500 cheaper and I am not sure why or what the major differences are. Any ideas or suggestions on the difference between the two would be helpful and also interested in opinions of which would be a better rifle for a high school shooter. Thanks.
Modena

Re: FWB 2700 Super-match or Walther KK300?

Post by Modena »

The KK300 is end of manufacture as of a few months ago. That hasn't stopped me from ordering a variant of it. Just sayin.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

Mechanically both are fairly similar; bolts are rear-locking with twin opposed lugs and dual extractor claws. The Walther receiver is square shaped and retained with three bolts, where the Feinwerkbau is round and uses two bedding bolts. Both have a two stage trigger. The standard Feinwerkbau barrel is slightly longer and heavier than the standard Walther (670mm long x 24mm dia vs 650 x 22), but FWB do make a lighter 22mm barrel. The Feinwerbau has a short extension tube as standard, the Walther does not.

The most obvious differences are in the stock. The Walther alutec is sinter cast aluminium, where the Feinwerbau is extruded and machined, so should be a little stronger. Up front it's narrower and more rounded that the Walther Alutec.
Bstockton18

Post by Bstockton18 »

Thanks. Sounds like wither would be a good choice for him to use for now and on into the next few years.
Andre

Post by Andre »

The triggers are vastly different. Feel both if you can!
Peakconti

Post by Peakconti »

I shoot with the Walther KK300 and love the rifle. You cant go wrong with the rifle
VicRC87

Post by VicRC87 »

Bstockton18 wrote:I am looking to purchase a new small bore rifle for my son but am torn between the Walther KK300 and the FWB 2700 supermatch. The Walther is $500 cheaper and I am not sure why or what the major differences are. Any ideas or suggestions on the difference between the two would be helpful and also interested in opinions of which would be a better rifle for a high school shooter. Thanks.
Hello I actually shoot the Walther KK300 Anatomic, after trying many rifles and coming to term with comparing values, (I point out that I got a great deal actually brand new with extension tube cost me 3658 + 30 SPH + 20 transfer fees, compared to the 4500 normal price), I love the rifle and everyone at my shooting club loves it, excellent trigger which can be set as a two or one stage, I have a one stage with 50 grams pull, highly accurate, no matter what ammo I used, the Centra accessories that come with the rifle are great specially the sight set. There is nothing that so far I can point out, even people that shoot anschutz rifles are planing on switching towards Walther rifles, there is a lightweight and normal rifle of the Anatomic don't know if there is such in the alter, many world records and medals were wont with the KK300 you can't go wrong with this rifle because he can use it for his entire shooting career.

My set up is the following:
Walther KK300 Anatomic
custom Walther Extension Tube (custom engraved measurement lines)
gehnman ISC-458 iris
And for home practice I have a Scatt USB
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

All the top name brand rifles are excellent, and I guess you adapt to what ever one you choose. That being said, I was a coach for many years and the KK300 was preferred by far over Anschutz. We did not have the 2700 as a team owned rifle, and I actually never recall a member owning one. So I can not critique the 2700, but the KK300 is solid.
Bstockton18

Post by Bstockton18 »

Does anyone have detailed specifications on the k300 to see if it will meet the new 130mm rule for measurement from centerline of the bore to bottom of any part of the stock? I like the anatomic but don't want to buy it if it will be illegal come next season.