New Crosman 3-Position PCP rifle

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

RE: Challenger 2009

If you ever needed to refill a cylinder, you have to remove the gun from the line anyway (7.16.4)
We had no issues really with air and firing a full 3x20 back in April

Trigger ... remember for a sporter min is 1.5 lb .... 1.6lb is dancing he line and temp variations could cause it to fail a weight pick up test ... me, I'd go .25lb+ over

We did like this gun

RE: Edge

The rear sights on the Edge are not approved for sporter competition, except on the Edge ONLY ... Gary Anderson admits this is a distinct advantage. However the council is not going to address letting these sights be used on other sporter guns until the Edge can meet the manufacturing costs without subsidizing the cost with separate sight sales.

I'll agree with this as the council got bit years ago when the XSV-40 was approved and then costs went up. Me, unless the Edge could meet a precision gun rule set as well, I'd have voted not to approve. I dread the day it happens, and it will happen, that a kid shows up to a Precision JO match is turned away because his gun does not meet the rules.

Post by Guest »

What's with the Edge that it doesn't meet precision rules? I thought sporter was just a subset of precision.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

Rule 4.4(C) .... front sight height is too high ... can be no more than 60 mm.
This is derived from ISSF, USA Shooting, and NRA Precision Air Rifle rules.

ALL current sporter guns (with the exception of the Edge) fully comply with all Precision gun rules

My $0.02 ... the Council made a mistake here in approving the rifle ... this will cause headaches, and the only reason it has not so far is that there are none on the lines yet