Pardini SP new, need part dimension

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

xeye

Re: Pardini SP new, need part dimension

Post by xeye »

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

The Pardini's I have encountered have the "normal" M5x0.8 thread.

Look at your M5x0.9 tap again. Does it actually say 0.5? I could not find a M5x0.9 tap.

The threads of the 0.5 tap will be finer than the 0.8 tap.

Also, check to see if the round tapped piece in the frame is not turned 180 degrees. I would expect the part to be tapped all the way through so you can start a bolt from either direction.

Last, learn from my mistake. The round piece in the frame has a spring and ball to retain it in the frame. DO NOT REMOVE the circular part unless absolutely necessary.

Cheers,

Dave

Yes. they say 5mm- 0.8 and 5mm-0.9 respectively, I was reading them through a magnifying glass as I was typing.

I had already turned the barrel shaped threaded thing to the other side so I could thread the bolt in the un messed up side a couple of years ago. It's very easy to mess up the thread when fitting non Pardini grips. And, I already had the fun of discovering how easy it is to loose the spring, not shown on the gun diagram, that is inside that thing. (sprong!) Surprise!
xeye

Post by xeye »

fc60 wrote:Greetings,

The Pardini's I have encountered have the "normal" M5x0.8 thread.

Look at your M5x0.9 tap again. Does it actually say 0.5? I could not find a M5x0.9 tap.

The threads of the 0.5 tap will be finer than the 0.8 tap.

Also, check to see if the round tapped piece in the frame is not turned 180 degrees. I would expect the part to be tapped all the way through so you can start a bolt from either direction.

Last, learn from my mistake. The round piece in the frame has a spring and ball to retain it in the frame. DO NOT REMOVE the circular part unless absolutely necessary.

Cheers,

Dave

So. It's been 9 days and no parts from Pardini, no response to e mail or voice mail. So I went to the local Hardware and got a 5mm -.8 x 35mm allen head screw. It fit but the only one they had in that length was Chrome Plated! So it cost $3.00 instead of .50 but at least the grip is back on the gun.
gitkrunk

Post by gitkrunk »

sounds like pretty good customer service.