New Trigger Pull Training Device

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

StutzTech

New Trigger Pull Training Device

Post by StutzTech »

I have a new gadget that I think bullseye shooter will like but I want to ask the forum. I put motion sensors into standard magazines and wrote a program to track the motion of the gun as the trigger is pulled. I can measure the minor twitches VERY accurately and display what the motion of the gun looks like over time.

I came up with the system to train new shooters in marksmanship but I suspect that competitive shooters will like it.

By the way, it works for both dry-fire and live fire.

Let me know if this is something that you would be interested in seeing sold.
Attachments
Motion of the impact point during a trigger pull at 25 yards.
Motion of the impact point during a trigger pull at 25 yards.
Gun Motion.jpg (25.77 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
waxman

Post by waxman »

I'd like to know more about the device. How sensitive is it?
Are other graphical presentations available besides the one shown?
How easy is it to use? Tell us more! Is a website with a full description available?
John
StutzTech

Post by StutzTech »

Theoretically it is accurate to 1" at 25 yards but in practice I am at 2.5". That means that my program predicts the impact point by measuring the motion of the gun during the trigger pull and where it says you will hit is within 2.5" of where the bullet does hit. I can make it MUCH more accurate but the sensors get really expensive. I am looking at selling a complete system for around $300 and some of the nice sensors are $10K.

The program I wrote shows the chart I posted along with a ring target that I plot the impact point on. I also mark the center of the grouping and calculate the group diameter.

It is as easy as dry-fire training. The only trick is to turn the gun on it's side or point it down between shots. This prevents false readings between shots. I call it the anti-gangsta feature!

I have an amateur website at www.StutzTech.com but I am working on building a separate website for it.
Attachments
Shooting Coach Screenshot.jpg
waxman

Post by waxman »

Can you vary the x axis time, that is, display more time before the shot breaks?
I assume the end of the traces is where the shot breaks?
Any plans to instrument a .22 cal pistol (S&W Model 41)?
John
StutzTech

Post by StutzTech »

That's a good question. I can show any length of time you want but the reason I chose .25 seconds because all of the errors from the trigger pull is in that time. Before the final trigger pull the gun moves around a little as you breath and I can even see your pulse sometimes but those errors go away in the final trigger pull. It is the final squeeze that things seem to go bad.

I can do 9mm and bigger. I know a lot of you guys use .22 but .22 short is too small. I haven't tried .22 long yet, I'll take a look.
fast shooter

Post by fast shooter »

sounds interesting with a reasonable price. please post when/if you get a .22 cal version.