revolvers????

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

dhurt

revolvers????

Post by dhurt »

With the new/old disipline of revolver shooting, what are the best options for .38 pistols? What models work best with the least amount of tinkering? What is the prefered method of sustained fire: double action or thumb busting? I have been wondering about this stuff, but I don't know much about it, or if I should even go down this road?? Thanks for the input. Dwaine

Re: revolvers????

Post by Guest »

dhurt wrote:With the new/old disipline of revolver shooting, what are the best options for .38...
Smiths, of course, they tune easily. Jerry Miculek at www.bang-inc.com has them sorted out http://tinyurl.com/9ro7cy . Get his action job video http://tinyurl.com/ydrxbfo
Mike M. as guest

Post by Mike M. as guest »

The normal drill is to shoot single-action. Choice of gun is very personal, but most people seem to be shooting S&W Model 14s or Model 19s.
Wiley-X

Post by Wiley-X »

I used to shoot the centerfire stage with my Dan Wesson Model 15 VH6. I think that's the right designation. That's a six inch vented heavy barrel. The vent doesn't do much other than look cool.

I fired slow, timed and rapid fire stages thumb cocking it.

Did it work? Yep. At 50 yards it would keep them all in the 10 ring for slow fire.

Like many great guns, they had problems because they were an unknown name, so sales went up and down and quality went up and down and the company would come and go.

I bought my first one because of a couple reviews that extolled the virtues of the gun.

Some will tell you that they weren't that good because a constant diet of magnum loads would shake the gun to death. For crying out loud, it's a K frame. S&W tells you not to shoot piles of magnums from you M-19.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

The S&W Model 14's are popular at Distinguished Revolver matches.

Mine are 10 ring accurate, and they're basically stock. One's had a trigger job.

I find Colts easier to thumb cock, but I prefer the K-Frame's grip.