Doubling during timed and rapid only.

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

solomon grundy

Doubling during timed and rapid only.

Post by solomon grundy »

I have an interesting problem. One of my IZH 35's will double with Jagd Pistol Match - of course this round is the most accurate I've found for this pistol. It's impressively accurate, and I'm hoping that I can keep using it, but the doubling is costing me points.

Here's the strange part - the doubling only occurs during timed and rapid. I don't think that I've ever experienced doubling during slow-fire.

So what factor could be causing this behavior? Is it a matter of heat dissipation? Grip tension? Murphy's Law?

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?
Fred Mannis

Post by Fred Mannis »

Trigger manipulation in sustained fire may be different and if the disconnector is worn, could lead to problems. Just a guess.
diopter

Post by diopter »

Try increasing sear engagement and increase trigger over-travel.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

I'd discounted it being related to the condition or setting of the sear due to the ammo sensitivity - i.e. would ammo characteristics have such an effect on sear enagement?

But you guys may be on to something. I'll try a sear adjustment.
diopter

Post by diopter »

You've heard of the term "bouncing the trigger"?
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

I've heard the term used w/ two meaning - firing due to the inertia of a heavy trigger, and rapid firing due to a partial reset of the trigger where the trigger 'bounces' off of the trigger finger.

BTW is there a good write-up on sear adjustment for the 35? I've never touched mine, and don't want to foul it up.

thnx
diopter

Post by diopter »

Take off left grip.
See this slide show, pic 21, 22.

Screw is in middle of both pictures.
Clockwise to decrease engagement.
Counter-clockwise to increase engagement.

Hold unloaded pistol in right hand.
Turn sear screw clockwise until hammer falls on empty chamber with no trigger pressure. Remember how much it turned. Turn screw at least a 1/4- 1/2 turn more counter-clockwise from its original starting position. Re-cock slide to set hammer.

When I shot mine with very light sear and a loose grip, it would double. I increased both.

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow ... =131103633
Last edited by diopter on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
solomon grundy

Post by solomon grundy »

OH - I was hoping for something a little more complicated ;)

Is that actually adjusting a degree of sear engagement, as in the angle or contact surface area of the sear, of is it a tension adjustment?

Thanks Diopter. I'll test that out.