New gear: Compensators for Pardini 22 & 32s

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Dipnet

New gear: Compensators for Pardini 22 & 32s

Post by Dipnet »

Has anybody tried the compensator (http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/product/T1514) on their Pardini pistols ? Wondering if it offers any real improvement in recoil reduction. Dipnet
Murph

Re: New gear: Compensators for Pardini 22 & 32s

Post by Murph »

I saw this comp and wondered the same thing. I d love to see a test or video showing if and how well it works.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

I purchased and used one of these compensators on my pardini bullseye SP new pistol.

It did provide a small decrease in felt recoil when I first installed it.

After a couple of matches, I noticed a slow but steady degradation of my scores.

with 500 rounds shot through it, I removed it and noticed a significant buildup of lead in the compensator. There was enough lead and debris that I could not insert a pristine bullet into the end of the compensator. I shot the pistol off a rest with the compensator and found the accuracy significantly degraded with the lead incrusted compensator.

I accuracy tested my pardini with wolf match match target with out the compensator.

3/8 inch groups at 25 yards.

installed the compensator and those groups grew.

they increased in size a lot!

one inch groups at 25 yards. Nine ring accuracy as compared to ten ring accuracy.

then I cleaned the compensator and shot 10 rounds through it, then compared accuracy.

ten round groups in 3/8 inch.

then after 50 total rounds I compared accuracy. one inch groups at 25 yards.

I have a pardini compensator available if you want to purchase it but I do not want to sell it to a person that does not understand that it will compromise accuracy. Compromise accuracy enough that you will be able to measure it on your weekly scores!

Shoot me a pm if you want to purchase it for half price but I will require you to sign a wavier acknowledging that reduced scores will be a result of using this on your pardini.

Regards,
Cranky
cgroppi

Post by cgroppi »

I tried them and noticed the same lead buildup. With the 32 ACP the lead buildup was severe. I had to use vinegar and hydrogen peroxide solution to clean it, which results in some very nasty waste products. The worst was cleaning the lead buildup off the barrel crown. I couldn't use the solution there, so I had to spend forever scrubbing it off. In addition, the compensator, which is aluminum, was eroded away on the 32 fairly severely after less than 2000 rounds. The 22 showed a little erosion after about the same number of rounds. I eventually took them off.

They did work, but it wasn't worth the trouble of cleaning them.
davekp

Post by davekp »

My experience as well. Lead build-up is bad and not worth the trouble.
Dipnet

Post by Dipnet »

Fellow shooters:
Thank you for your insights. Clearly their are some major issues with the compensator. We bullseye shooters are easily enamored by aftermarket gear that may improve our scores. It doesn't seem that the developer of the compensator actually tried one out with the 22 ammo. Given that everyone experienced this problem, it appears systemic not a fluke. Has anybody tried it with the 32 ACP? Thanks much, dipnet
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Dipnet wrote:Fellow shooters:
Thank you for your insights. Clearly their are some major issues with the compensator. We bullseye shooters are easily enamored by aftermarket gear that may improve our scores. It doesn't seem that the developer of the compensator actually tried one out with the 22 ammo. Given that everyone experienced this problem, it appears systemic not a fluke. Has anybody tried it with the 32 ACP? Thanks much, dipnet

Jacketed rounds theoretically should be ok with a compensator. I know very few people outside of the AMU who can afford to shoot them all the way through a match.

I know a guy who has a compensator on his 45. He shoots jacketed on the long line, and lead for the rest of the match. He has to clean the gun, and the compensator with lead remover after every match.
pistol champ

Post by pistol champ »

I tried mine with the 60 gr Hornady XTP bullets and it changed the point of impact 5 inches to the left and 3 inches high at 50 yards and group size got bigger than the 10 ring. I can only assume that something is not right if it can push the bullet off this much. This gun has so little recoil I do not think it is worth trying to develop a load that might or might not get to "X" ring size. I did not try it with lead bullets nor did I mess with it too much as I shot less than 100 bullets through it. It is now sitting in my pile of "buying points" items.

I have a Hammerli 208s with a factory compensator and it shoots to same point of aim with it on or off. I also does not lead up so I guess the guy who designed the Pardini compensator needs to go back to school. This item takes a great tack driver and converts it into a shot gun.
Trooperjake

Post by Trooperjake »

I had one of the first compensators when it was sold off ebay, for about 50.00.
It was on my 32 ACP.
I took it off after about 500 rounds, did not feel an advantage, and the increased cleaning time was not worth it.
I did see a photo of John Zurek with it on his 22.

Anyone who wants to buy it, let me know.
Ttgoods

Post by Ttgoods »

I don't thint 22lr and Comps mix well.
prince312

Post by prince312 »

Ttgoods wrote:I don't thint 22lr and Comps mix well.
Not clear, can you please write it correctly.
Awesome is my asp expandable baton