38 super wad gun

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

ASchlem

38 super wad gun

Post by ASchlem »

I have seen other post about 9mm converted to 38 super, and read about KC's tack driver. But I don't think I have ever seen one on the line. I'm interested in building one. If anyone has had success please share your build and testing experience. What kind of recoil? scope slide mounted? With the lighter center fire trigger this would also be a great base for my Nelson. And everyone loves pictures thanks
Peter B

Re: 38 super wad gun

Post by Peter B »

I shot steel for years with a 38 super comp gun and even converted a revolver to it for faster reloads with moon clips. The shorter cartrage goes in and out quicker. I have set one up for bullseye but don't find myself using it. I like the 160 gr for 50 yards and I got a 125 gr to work pretty well at 25 yards. Just like any other gun you have to play with it and they are both lead loads. I believe the 38 supper has a different twist than the 9mm. Try to use the same brass, some are designed for full power loads and have a thicker head area reducing case volume. This could lead to different pressures with the same charge.

Have fun
ASchlem

Re: 38 super wad gun

Post by ASchlem »

Thanks for the info.